Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Do You Want a Trump or a Biden Economy?   America - all of it

Started Oct-18 by Apollonius (Theocritos); 5226 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host
Make Dems Cry Again 2020! (bobrazz) said:

It was, however, the slowest, most anemic, recovery since WWII.

I thought the post WWII period was an economic boom.

Europe and Japan were bombed to oblivion, so America became the manufacturing capital of the world.

These are the "extenuating circumstances" I was referring to.  Those also include the raw materials, like steel mills being made in the USA.  It's now cheaper to ship the parts in, and the bottom line will always matter more to the businesses that make the profits than any politician's promises.

Also, the US cannot build a single manufacturing plant that 350,000 people work at for $3:15 an hour.

I thought the post WWII period was an economic boom.

Europe and Japan were bombed to oblivion, so America became the manufacturing capital of the world.

In the 50's. 45' and 49' recessions were very slow to recover from. Not as slow as 2009-2016, but, slow.

Also, the US cannot build a single manufacturing plant that 350,000 people work at for $3:15 an hour.

As I said, the cost of manufacturing is no longer driven by wages. It takes less than half the number of workers to build a car than it did just a decade ago. The main drivers are taxes, regulation, energy costs. All of which make the USA, once again, competitive in the world. I stated this before, and you simply ignore it. How else did we have more than double the manufacturing job increases the first 3 years of the Trump administration than the last 3 years of the obama administration?

jra2750

Nov-4

Kudos for putting Paco in his place.  U have nailed him perfectly.

I would expect, now, that after he reads what I just said he will block me.  

We shall see.

jra2750

Nov-4

Bravo to Winnie for that sage commentary. 

For the most part I M not a fan of Mr. Churchill however.

jra2750

Nov-4

Thank U for pointing out the difference between a journalist and a reporter.  

It's the difference between pretentiousness and the norm.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

You keep accusing me of ignoring the evidence...

Make Dems Cry Again 2020! (bobrazz) said:

How else did we have more than double the manufacturing job increases the first 3 years of the Trump administration than the last 3 years of the obama administration?

Then SHOW me the evidence.

You keep accusing me of ignoring the evidence...

Make Dems Cry Again 2020! (bobrazz) said:

How else did we have more than double the manufacturing job increases the first 3 years of the Trump administration than the last 3 years of the obama administration?

Then SHOW me the evidence.

When you ask, I always do. Tuck your ego away for a moment, huh? I'll show you mine if you promise not to show me yours, ok?

I was in error about the MORE than double in three years for some reason. It was only almost double. Let's look, though, at the "last 2 years verses first 2 years". There was a drop off in the increase in manufacturing employment in late 2019 because of the effort to get better trade deals for the US;   https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/CES3000000001

Jan 2015-Jan 2017 = 77,000 new manufacturing jobs created.

Jan 2017-Jan 2019 = 456,000 new manufacturing jobs created.

If you want the numbers for the last 3 years of obama and the first 3 years of Trump they are thus; obama - 288,000 Trump - 475,000 which means obama had 60% of the increase that Trump did rather than than 50%.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Thank you.  I think this is the first time you have provided a source!

And it is a trustworthy one!

The GFC is certainly handy for your analysis!

Did you know you can set more parameters?

This is from 2000 to 2020...

It would appear the worst President for creating jobs in manufacturing was GW Bush!

This is post war 20 years...

I SO love this tool!

It's bookmarked.  Thanks for this.

Thank you.  I think this is the first time you have provided a source!

Then it is the first time you ASKED for one. What I had stated is common knowledge in this country outside of the brainwashed.

It would appear the worst President for creating jobs in manufacturing was GW Bush!

This is post war 20 years..

Because he was not a conservative. He was a moderate liberal. He believed the propaganda that we could not compete with the rest of the world because of wages. That hasn't been true in most sectors for well over 2 decades.

obama would have been the worst if he had not taken over during a recession. His numbers started in 2009 near the very bottom because of the recession. Note the unbelievably anemic growth in manufacturing jobs from 2010 (the bottom) to 2014.