Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Black Jews Are Tired   Religion

Started Nov-2 by slackerx; 6541 views.
slackerx

Nov-2

bml00

Nov-7

For Jews to try and coexist in the Diaspora there arose several sub forms of Judaism .

Liberal / Conservative / Reform etc 

These groups have reached out to the society in which they exist in an effort to make it easier for Jews to be remain part of the fabric of the Jewish World , they saw tens of thousands of men and women want to marry people of other faiths and come up against a VERY high wall within the Orthodox Community so they developed means and way to have people of other faiths convert to Judaism in as quick a way as possible BUT huge BUT these people who have converted by the various sub sets are in fact not seen as Jews by Orthodox Jews .

The reason why people chose the Liberal/ Reform Conversion are its comparative ease to accommodate where as the Orthodox method is time consuming difficult and always UP HILL however for those that stay the course they are then seen as Jews where as the others no matter their hours in a Synagogue or their personal sense of being Jewish are in Religious legal terms NOT JEWISH 

BM

In reply toRe: msg 2
slackerx

Nov-7

> ... are in Religious legal terms NOT JEWISH 

Since you didn't quote the specific passage from the article that you are responding to, I have some difficulty understanding your response, so my reply will be quite general. 

The author is an American. He, like my wife and I, was born right here in America.

Just as American Catholicism has more than 500 years of history and culture behind it, since 1492, when Columbus sailed the ocean blue, I would imagine that American Judaism has about 500 years of history and culture behind it, as well. 

And that 500 years of history and culture needs to be respected.

Over the last 20 years here at Delphi, I've seen folks question my own wife's Catholicism, even though many of her ancestors were kidnapped, sold to the Spanish, branded and Baptized Catholic more than 500 years ago before being shipped here to America in chains, before running away to Patia.

(Hell, I've even seen folks here at Delphi question the Pope's Catholicism.)

We all need to respect the histories, cultures, and religions of Black folks here in America. Even if they do come from different cultures and maybe even different demoninations.

From the article:

snip--------

I’m a Black man living in America, and I have never felt more mortal than I do in 2020.

snip---------

If you actually read what this Black American Jew said in his article, then please tell me what you were responding to. Because I can't really see the connection between anything that he said and anything that you said, other than to point out that you come from a different, and perhaps more fundamentalist, denomination.

• Edited November 7, 2020 6:40 pm  by  slackerx
bml00

Nov-8

A person who is a convert to Judaism has several ways to become a Jew BUT only one way is universally accepted across the Jewish spectrum so some of the people claiming to be Jews may have gone through a given conversion but this actually would not see them accepted as a Jew

I have no knowledge worth talking about relating to the Catholic faith - I have seen many many people who believe themselves to be Jews who are not that is all I am saying 

Finally the chances of any Black man ending up dead due to the Police is probably remote 

BM

In reply toRe: msg 4
slackerx

Nov-17

bml00 said...

I have seen many many people who believe themselves to be Jews who are not that is all I am saying 

I'm not sure that I'm understanding what you are trying to say.

Are you saying that he's not Jewish?

• Edited November 17, 2020 7:54 am  by  slackerx
bml00

Nov-17

If you dont understand then you really dont understand the topic of people claiming to be Jews

In reply toRe: msg 6
slackerx

Nov-17

> "If you dont understand then you really dont understand the topic of people claiming to be Jews"

The topic is not about people claiming to be Jews. That's just something that you brought up out if the blue.

The topic is about Black Jews.

• Edited November 17, 2020 1:54 pm  by  slackerx
bml00

Nov-17

Are they Jews do you know ?

BM

In reply toRe: msg 8
slackerx

Nov-17

bml00 said...

Are they Jews do you know ?