Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ritchie Torres becomes first gay Afrolatino elected to Congress   America - all of it

Started Nov-4 by slackerx; 754 views.
RCBZ

Jan-19

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said...

Rained out mostly. 

That sucks...should have gone skiing...the rain would have been snow...nothing beats a shitload of deep powder snow on steep slopes. 

But it was nice to be able to get away.

It's always nice to get away from where you live. We, wife, have a place up in Michigan that we love...5.5 hour drive or 1.5-2 hour flight

We're hoping for a trans-Tasman travel bubble to form by this time next year.  Then I can finally see New Zealand.

Not sure what that is, but I hope you get to go. Do you know the woman from Tasmania that was on Delphi? She had a brother in Perth that was on as well, mostly in the Original Coliseum run by Justsagrl1. She was a hoot, her brother was a dick lol!!

What state are you in?  How bad are the cases where you are right now?

I'm in NW. Illinois in a very rural area....we produce the food that urban democrats need to survive evilGrin. I moved here 27-28 years ago from Chicago and rarely go back. As for the Covid19 cases, we don't have that many and few deaths. I only know 2 people that got covid and they got better with little to no problem except quarantine bored them. I don't know anyone that died from it, no one that I'm related to came down with it.
In our area some of the bars and restaurants stayed open with the blessing of the cops and government officials....very few people wear masks and we still shake hands/hug. 

In reply toRe: msg 10
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jan-22

Glad to hear everyone you know is OK.

I spent Christmas and New Year 96/97 in Chicago.

Everyone kept apologising to me that it was not snowing.  Then Christmas Eve morning I woke up to see a thick layer of white snow over everything.  I thought, 'This can't get any better'.  Then Santa Claus appeared from behind a parked car and walked across the driveway.

I was so excited I ran outside.

With no shoes on.

The novelty of snow never wore off.

A trans-Tasman bubble involves air travel over the Tasman sea.  Tasmania is a state I have yet to visit, and New Zealand is certainly on my bucket list. 

CamGeary

Jan-25

Okay, yopu can take me off suicide watch now, the Millennium is here!