Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

G20 2020 ... too many 20s   World Wide WTF?

Started Nov-23 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 726 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Nov-23

In reply toRe: msg 1
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Nov-23

He sat there and tweeted nonsense in the meetings, then played golf.

BerrySteph

Nov-23

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Trump stands apart on climate change, pandemic responses as G20 wraps up World leaders agree to a global approach to tackling coronavirus while also highlighting the importance of climate change, as day two of a virtual G20 meeting hosted by Saudi Arabia wraps up.

It is shocking that we castigate many poor nations (that we are systematically impoverishing ourselves) and China (that we are trying to impoverish) for their human rights records but say nothing atall about Saudi Arabia, as is simply terrible.

Here's a little story of one man's observations of the last feudal nation on earth, rampant with slavery and oppression of women.

April 21, 2007 ... During our first two months in Jeddah, Faye and I relished our new and luxurious lifestyle: a shiny jeep, two swimming pools, domestic help, and a tax-free salary. The luxury of living in a modern city with a developed infrastructure cocooned me from the frightful reality of life in Saudi Arabia. My goatee beard and good Arabic ensured that I could pass for an Arab. But looking like a young Saudi was not enough: I had to act Saudi, be Saudi. And here I failed.

... In supermarkets I only had to be away from Faye for five minutes and Saudi men would hiss or whisper obscenities as they walked past. When Faye discussed her experiences with local women at the British Council they said: "Welcome to Saudi Arabia."

... At a Saudi friend’s wedding at a luxurious hotel in Jeddah, women dared not step out of their hotel rooms and walk to the banqueting hall for fear of abduction by the bodyguards of a Saudi prince who also happened to be staying there.

... In Mecca, Medina and Jeddah I met young men with angry faces from Europe, students at various Wahhabi seminaries. They reminded me of my extremist days.

They were candid in discussing their frustrations with Saudi Arabia. The country was not sufficiently Islamic; it had strayed from the teachings of Wahhabism. They were firmly on the side of the monarchy and the clerics who supported it. Soon they were to return to the West, well versed in Arabic, fully indoctrinated by Wahhabism, to become imams in British mosques.

... On television that morning we watched the developing story of a power cut on the London Underground. As the cameras focused on King’s Cross, Edgware Road, Aldgate and Russell Square, .... My initial suspicion was that the perpetrators were Saudis. My experience of them, their virulence towards my non-Muslim friends, their hate-filled textbooks, made me think that Bin Laden’s Saudi soldiers had now targeted my home town. It never crossed my mind that the rhetoric of jihad introduced to Britain by Hizb ut-Tahrir could have anything to do with such horror.

... Faye and I were glued to the television for hours. Watching fellow Londoners come out of Tube stations injured and mortified, but facing the world with a defiant sense of dignity, made me feel proud to be British.

We met Sultan and his wife at an Indian restaurant near the British Council. Sultan was in his early thirties and his wife in her late twenties. They had travelled widely and seemed much more liberal than most Saudis I had met. ... moved on to the subject uppermost in my mind, the terrorist attacks on London. My host did not really seem to care. He expressed no real sympathy or shock, despite speaking so warmly of his time in London.

"I suppose they will say Bin Laden was behind the attacks. They blamed us for 9/11," he said.

Keen to take him up on his comment, I asked him: "Based on your education in Saudi Arabian schools, do you think there is a connection between the form of Islam children are taught here and the action of 15 Saudi men on September 11?"

Without thinking, his immediate response was, ‘No. No, because Saudis were not behind 9/11. The plane hijackers were not Saudi men. One thousand two hundred and forty-six Jews were absent from work on that day and there is the proof that they, the Jews, were behind the killings. Not Saudis."

... In my class ... Two others quickly gave him his answer in Arabic: "There are benefits. They will feel how we feel."

I was livid. "Excuse me?" I said. "Who will know how it feels?"

"We don’t mean you, teacher," said one. "We are talking about people in England. You are here. They need to know how Iraqis and Palestinians feel."

... Two weeks after the terrorist attacks in London another Saudi student raised his hand and asked: "Teacher, how can I go to London?"

"Much depends on your reason for going to Britain. Do you want to study or just be a tourist?"

"Teacher, I want to go London next month. I want bomb, big bomb in London, again. I want make jihad!" ... Other students applauded those who had just articulated what many of them were thinking. http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/books/book_extracts/article1685726.ece - paywall - see 1/2 way down this blog page http://xrdarabia.org/2012/03/17/battling-windmills-or-hope-springs-eternal/

A nation where they behead people in the street.

Says it all, eh?

On vaccines, tests and treatments, the leaders said: “We will spare no effort to ensure their affordable and equitable access for all people.”

No, Virginia, the sky is not falling, it's called rain.

https://apnews.com/article/astrazeneca-vaccine-third-cheaper-oxford-c99d26eb2946f6fde45a1edc002ff028

AstraZeneca, which has pledged it won’t make a profit on the vaccine during the pandemic, has reached agreements with governments and international health organizations that put its cost at about $2.50 a dose. Pfizer’s vaccine costs about $20, while Moderna’s is $15 to $25, based on agreements the companies have struck to supply their vaccines to the U.S. government.

Since those nonsensical paris accords gave the worlds largest emitter of co2 a pass, allowing no push back against china's continued use of coal in power production around the world, why should anyone take this nonsense seriously?

Has australia closed her coal mines, yet, btw?

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Nov-28

Thanks For The MAGA Polices, Bye (bobrazz) said:

Has australia closed her coal mines, yet, btw?

Sadly, no.

But we are finally moving in the right direction.

But we are finally moving in the right direction.

What "direction" would that be? Over 60% of your power comes from black and brown coal. Along with they thousands of tons you export every year.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Nov-30

Huge investment in renewable energy research.

Huge investment in renewable energy research.

I had wondered why your electricity now costs over twice that of the average American. Now it becomes clear. You are aware, are you not, that the "green" in "green energy" does not refer to trees, or grass. It refers to the vastly more "greenbacks" you must pay for your energy!

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Actually it costs 50% more here, not 100%.

The US has almost 100 nuclear power plants.

We have the uranium right here, but just can't get past the bad reputation of nuclear energy.  I wish we would!

There are other things to factor in with regard to our energy prices, and that is the massive infrastructure needed just to get the electricity to all areas of the state.  Especially ours, which is about 4 times the size of Texas.  That tends to get factored into our bills.

Especially the constant maintenance of poles.  We've been waiting for underground power in our suburb for decades.