Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

World's Smallest Confederate Monument   World Wide WTF?

Started Jan-8 by el gringo (ramseylurker); 384 views.

CamGeary

Jan-11

You don't have to be a white supremacist to admire the CSA and its hopeless fight for independence against the massive Leviathan...

You want a noble lost cause?

How about las Sindaguas in the early 1500s?

I don't think that there is much known about them today, but as I understand it, las Singaguas were considered as quite civilized by european standards, because of their resistance.

They were able to assemble more than three thousand men in a single battle.

Aparently, they gave the valley quite a reputation, which my wife's ancestors bennifited from back in the 1500s, even after las Sindaguas fled for the mountains under pressure from the Spanish. So far as I know, nobody identifies as Sindagua today. Probably just absorbed into the mestizos. 

My wife's palenque (El Palenque del Castigo) was named after an incident between the Spanish and las Singaguas (el castigo = the punishment), that occured in the 1500s. My wife's ancestors were "illegals", runaways, cimmarones, negros huidos, negros fugitivos.

Remember, I'm no historian, and my spanish is aweful, so everything that I say is likely false...lol.

Wanna talk math?

"indios, negros y mestizos todos somos hermanos"

el macizo - son de capellanía. celular 3128797210 pin 29ADA491

lo mejor de nuestra tierra el MACIZO COLOMBIANO..pin 29ADA491indios, negros y mestizos todos somos hermanos... contactos 3128797210WILSON RENGIFO DIRECTOR ...

CamGeary

Jan-12

Hell, no! Math was my worst subject...

CamGeary

Jan-12

Nuestros judios tambien...

CamGeary said:

Hell, no! Math was my worst subject...

Some 2500 years ago, the ancient Pythagoreans believed that everything was rational. Irrationality scared the beans out of Pythagoras and his followers, and legend has it that some dude got thrown overboard and drowned by the Pythagoreans in order to keep word of the existence if irrational numbers from getting out.

Talk about a lost cause!

What was up with Pythagoras?

Pythagoras had a problem with beans and irrationality. What really happened? I don't know! The square root of two is irrational, and beans are delicious.My p...