Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Avoiding Censorship   World Wide WTF?

Started Jan-11 by Apollonius (Theocritos); 939 views.

Oh come on.    If Twitter can cancel the president of the U.S. I think it's time to cancel Twitter.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

They're a private company.

Do you believe that a Christian baker has the right to refuse to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple?

I do.

Of course, I would rather the baker accepted that love is love and "the gays" are not out to get him, but he is a private citizen and business owner who has the right to be as frightened of "the gays" as he wants.

And Twitter has the right to set the rules of their own company.

Also, think of the detox that America is going through without Trump constantly tweeting his bullshit.

Comparing a local bakery to a worldwide multi-billion dollar communication network is absurd.

Donald Trump threatened to break up Big Media.  His biggest mistake was not to follow through on that.  It's an important task for the next president. 

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Feb-13

Biden may be following up on this.

At least in the sense of Social Media companies having to take responsibility for what happens on their platform.

The bakery analogy may be lopsided, but it is apt.

bml00

Feb-16

IF you permit the Baker to decide who to sell to and who not to based upon his own religious prejudices are you not opening the door to people of other faiths being barred or other color or in fact anything that does not agree with the bias of the shop keeper ?

BM

In reply toRe: msg 11
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Feb-18

The truth is, the 1st amendment gives him the right to be an asshat.

The line is crossed when he gets physical, abusive or violent about it.

bml00

Feb-18

Would you buy from bigots or recommend anybody to buy from bigots and I am sure the law can be challenged when racism or sexism appears , would two Gay soldiers (decorated for valiant action etc) be allowed to be insulted?

BM

In reply toRe: msg 13
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Feb-18

bml00 said:

...would two Gay soldiers (decorated for valiant action etc) be allowed to be insulted?

Only if you're Republican.

Crowd boos gay soldier at GOP debate

A gay soldier is booed while asking GOP candidates about their stance on the repeal of "don't ask, don't tell."

bml00

Feb-18

It is sad the attitude of people 

BM

In reply toRe: msg 15
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Feb-19

Not a single candidate on that stage put the dignity of that soldier above their own ambition.