Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Fix Racism? Sure, give it a shot.   America - all of it

Started 1/27/21 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 22409 views.
CamGeary

Oct-2

Do you mean Jim Crow?

NISSY (NISSY2)

Oct-2

That's the guy. Thanks for catch.

Jim Crow has a road and a creek named for him in California.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-05-31/rural-northern-california-town-fights-over-jim-crow-road

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host
NISSY (NISSY2) said:

Singling out a group for benefits not available to all groups is discrimination.

I know.

That's why black Farmers are getting compensated for all the decades they missed out.

NISSY (NISSY2)

Oct-3

Why did black farmers miss out? Do they have grounds for a legal claim.

Getting preferential treatment now will just cause many whites to resent them which increases the racism. It is the problem with liberals and the reason they keep losing elections. Generally, the American people want fairness and equal rights for all. They do not like handouts.

One of the most delicious onions that I ever tasted was purchased from a black farmer in the US state of Oregon. I don't think he needs any special government help to grow great onions just because he is black.

CamGeary

Oct-3

They should name the road after the legendary 19th century theatrical character Zip Coon, the first "bad MF" in American culture..."Zip Coon for president, Crockett for vice"...

NISSY (NISSY2)

Oct-3

Crockett is another California town.

The California Jim Crow was from Hawaii. He came to California to pan for gold and impressed enough people that they named a creek and a road after him.

CamGeary

Oct-3

In the pre Civil War days, Davy Crockett was another stock character of entertainment, sort of the white equivalent of Zip Coon, and enjoyed equally as much by the audience...

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host
NISSY (NISSY2) said:

Getting preferential treatment now will just cause many whites to resent them which increases the racism.

The resentment and racism is already there.  Denying reparations because rednecks won't like it is not the way to go.

NISSY (NISSY2)

Oct-4

I remember the Disney production of Davy Crockett on black and white TV and I have visited the Alamo several times and even the Fess Parker Winery in Santa Barbara county in California where you good buy Davy Crockett souvenirs.

Remember the Alamo!

NISSY (NISSY2)

Oct-4

And what about the blacks who have been successful and what about the whites who have not?

It has been forty years since affirmative action was initiated in the US and there are still two many blacks who have not taken advantage of the extra help.

Reparations are not progressive. They are hand outs to individuals who don't deserve them. Universal healthcare and free college tuition are progressive. That is what the people of Norway have but the Norwegian government isn't giving away money to descendants of Samis who were treated unfairly a century ago.

Century old photo of Sami pupils in Northern Norway

All blacks have to do is stay in school and learn skills that will help them earn a paycheck and many do just that and I know many who did. Others drop out and want reparations.