Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Fix Racism? Sure, give it a shot.   America - all of it

Started 1/27/21 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 22595 views.
CamGeary

Oct-4

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said...

Denying reparations because rednecks won't like it is not the way to go.

You'd have an aneurism if someone posted, "Granting reparations because (pejorative of choice here) demand them is the way to go"...

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host
CamGeary said:

You'd have an aneurism if someone posted, "Granting reparations because (pejorative of choice here) demand them is the way to go"...

No, but it would be pointless and unproductive of anyone to post.

In reply toRe: msg 150
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

CamGeary

Oct-7

We all know who wants them and who is opposed, so let's not kid around...

CzoeMC

Oct-23

NISSY (NISSY2) said:

I consider Gottschalk to be a forerunner of ragtime music.

Ragtime evolved in the playing of honky-tonk pianists along the Mississippi and Missouri rivers in the last decades of the 19th century. It was influenced by minstrel-show songs, African American banjo styles, and syncopated (off-beat) dance rhythms of the cakewalk, and also elements of European music.

Simple Google check. Yeah, Gottschalk might have been of some influence, but really. who played the beat, and who influenced ragtime, jazz? Not need to mention how the the black blues songs contributed to Rock & Roll. Showing off a white man is inane. 

In reply toRe: msg 153
CzoeMC

Oct-23

The point, racism, about persons with higher melanin in their skin, are being unfairly treated. This, by a person so pale that in the cosmetic dept the palest foundation cant cover the occasional anxiety breakout! lol

I'm so pissed that the culture seems to ask how people have to identify by race. I mean, really, if we can just be kind to each other, regardless of presumed origins.

That will never happen, so I'll go back to bed, stewing in depression about how fairness and justice for all sucks.

BTW racist white folks, the truly "white" will soon be a minority, due to loving each other and mixing up our DNA. That really is not the problem. The problem is whether there will be an earth that can sustain our mutual progeny. Humans, it might be extrapolated, are a virus to the planet.

• Edited October 23, 2021 5:26 am  by  CzoeMC
NISSY (NISSY2)

Oct-23

Listen to some Gottschalk and listen to some rag. That is why I see the influence of Gottschalk on rag. I don't need to read some expert's opinion.

Gottschalk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul113TK2hEw

Maple Leaf rag: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBInnwV21DM

katiek2

Oct-24

Great post, Czoe, but don't despair.  Media, both right wing and mainstream, won't admit it and won't give up the race-baiting.  There are more of us that never see color, we see people.  We win by not buying into the debates.  

It's late (actually early), and I'm not phrasing clearly - I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.