Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Guns. Yes, let's have a discussion   General Confusion

Started 10/5/17 by Johneeo; 63627 views.
Johneeo

10/6/17

HWPeeler (HPeeler) said:

I don't see the need for high capacity clips. Does anybody need more than six shots at a time?

First, they are not "clips".  They are "magazines".

My Glock 43 holds 6.  When I go to the range, it is a pain in the ass having to keep filling that thing up since I do shoot at least 100 rounds.  My Glock 17L holds 17.

Regardless, it takes literally less than 2 seconds to discharge an empty magazine and slap a full mag in.  

BTW, if I am ever engaged in a gun battle, 6 rounds could prove to be grossly inadequate.

Johneeo

10/6/17

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

No, they're not.  You dump on me for saying stupid things, but this officially takes the cake. I have two pairs of Doc Martins, two pairs of sandals, one pair of fuzzy slippers and one pair of converse. None of these shoes can kill a man at 500 paces.

Well, you totally miss the point.  What is the difference if I own one gun, two, five or 20?  One gun kills just as good as the next.

As for killing, cars, trucks, and fertilizer can be so much more effective than guns.

Converse?  Chuck Taylor's?

HWPeeler (HPeeler)

10/6/17

Johneeo said:

They are "magazines".

Thank you for the correction.

Six it too troublesome? Take more than one magazine. I can see your point but when do you actually need more than six shots in a real situation.

Johneeo said:

BTW, if I am ever engaged in a gun battle, 6 rounds could prove to be grossly inadequate.

If you can't hit him in six put your gun away. Don't shoot in hopes of hitting your target. Shoot when you are sure of a kill. Otherwise you send bullets into innocent people.

One shot, one kill.

In a war against an army is different. This is where automatic weapons are intended. But the purpose is to kill many people. No civilian needs to kill lots of people to defend his home in a city. 17 rounds send bullets into 16 innocent people.

Do you expect to be in a revolution against the government?.

Johneeo

10/6/17

HWPeeler (HPeeler) said:

If you can't hit him in six put your gun away.

How about it is not a him, but a them?  Sometimes criminals do not travel alone.

And rest assured, I hit what I aim at.

Johneeo

10/6/17

HWPeeler (HPeeler) said:

Do you expect to be in a revolution against the government?.

Well, Antifa has declared a war to begin on November 4.

HWPeeler (HPeeler)

10/6/17

Johneeo said:

Sometimes criminals do not travel alone. And rest assured, I hit what I aim at.

Okay, argument won. relaxed

HWPeeler (HPeeler)

10/6/17

In that case you might need more than six.

Fuzzy (daFuzzy1959)

10/6/17

That's interesting.... I don't have a gun but hubby does... Years ago, here in Texas, when the Concealed Carry License first became available, hubby was in the first class... it met several times, I can't remember if it was just once a week, but it took a few months... he had to pass a written exam... he had to pass the shooting exam at the gun range... course, he had to pass the background check.... He was still a rare coin dealer at the time and they were often robbed at gun point... He never had to use his gun (it's never been out of the car glove compartment that I know of)... He keeps up with his license.... I'm guessing the requirements are not as stringent as they were about 10 or so years ago... I think it was a good idea to have an educational class on gun laws and safety - there were things he didn't know about specific laws.... You have to take a written and driving exam to drive a car... I think it's wise to do the same if someone wants to carry a concealed gun....

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

10/7/17

HWPeeler (HPeeler) said:

Gun collectors or investors.

Yes, if you are collecting flint lock pistols or blunderbusses, then fine.  Have 500, for all I care.  

But the arsenal pictured above is a different story.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

10/7/17

Johneeo said:

What is the difference if I own one gun, two, five or 20?  One gun kills just as good as the next.

The difference is Las Vegas.  If he had one gun he could not have switched weapons and continued firing.

The respite, no matter how brief, while he changed ammunition could have saved lives as the concert goers got out of the fishbowl and behind cover.