Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Updated Trolling Definition On Welcome Page   Hostess With The Mostess

Started 8/9/21 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 12656 views.

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said...

slackerx said...

Can I link to afronut's "Rainbows, Butterflies, and Bullshit" thread?

Please, please, please, please, pretty please?

It's the most hilarious thread anywhere in the entire history of Delphiforums.

My forum allows links to others, but not cut and paste posts

Thank you. Some of your new forum moderators seem to believe differently. 

https://forums.delphiforums.com/aususuk/messages/?msg=2195.4

SquaddyB said...

No, links to a written post are not allowed without the authors permission. Go to the Irish Forum and ask Meddly for his permission, if you do not Delphi TOS will be informed and they can deal with you and the mods of this forum!!!!!!!

el gringo (ramseylurker) said...

8645 (Uncle Albert) said...

but he gets in his own way with his trolling, false and erroneous allegations/accusations . . . akin to a homeless person who is a thief . . . whining that no one gives them a chance . . . yet the reason they are homeless, is they were fired from a job for being a thief, lost their house because they can't hold a job ta pay the rent, due to being a thief . . . constantly run off from areas, due to their stealing of clothes off a rack from a stores sidewalk sale, stealing food from a market (be it indoors or a rack of baskets on the sidewalk) . . . agencies try to help the person - attempting to teach and change the persons behavior - each time the person reverts to their theft behavior . . . the person learns it is easier to panhandle and be a thief . . . instead of holding a job and being a part of society . . . how do I know such things - 20 plus years in law enforcement, to include being a training shift supervisor in a state prison system . . . seeing someone like the above who would rather live their life in a prison system - a bed, clothes, 3 meals a day, medical care, etc. all paid for by others . . . instead of conforming to society . . .

Trolling, false and erroneous allegations/accusations.

I've had guards who were like Uncle Albert various times when I was in jail, but not all of them. Not even most of them. Hell, a small minority of them. Most of them were quite decent people who were just doing their jobs. 

The same goes for Police Officers who would arrest us. Sure, some had attitudes like Uncle Albert's, but many (indeed most) were decent people who were just doing their job. 

Most of the time, we had good relations both with guards in jail, and with our arresting officers. Of course, we were white, which may color our experiences, but still, those were our experiences.

I understand that my long arrest record and my time spent in jail bothers Uncle Albert, but there is no reason for him to lie about us.

I suppose that we can see where his animus comes from, but I would hasten to say that not all law enforcement personel are like that. At least not the professional ones.

The unprofessional ones can do a lot of damage, though.

I'm not sure what this one has against violins, though. He keeps ranting and railing against videos with violins. 

Violins are very important in my wife's religion. Violinists climb el cerro del Manzanillo, between the crucificxion and the resurrection during Holy Week, and make pacts with the devil, exchanging their very souls just to become virtuous on the violin.

Perhaps if he had more respect for Black religion, Black culture and Black history, we wouldn't be having this problem.     

How Long Is 8:46 In Classical Music? Musicians Honor George Floyd With Moving ‘Albinoni Adagio’

https://www.cpr.org/2020/07/03/how-long-is-846-in-classical-music-musicians-honor-george-floyd-with-moving-albinoni-adagio/

You can say what you want about RedBV and the rest of his band, but they have always treated me with respect, and have never attempted to get me murdered by calling me the I-Word.

I respect that in a Law Enforcement Officer.

70,000 People Tell The New York Times To Drop The I-Word

On Tuesday, April 23rd, 2013, on the eve of renewed debate around US immigration policy, the Applied Research Center and the Drop the I-Word campaign led a coalition of activists, including Fernando Chavez (the son of Cesar Chavez) and Jose Antonio Vargas, to deliver 70,000 signatures to the New York Times, urging them to stop using the dehumanizing and inaccurate term "illegal immigrant" in their news coverage.

You are right.  I was mistaken.

I apologise.

Elton John - Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word

I lumped you in with the threatening posts from BM and Squaddy.  Some are clear threats, others just demanding and intimidating.

Examples:

Hard to even remember which one's which, I imagine, especially if you haven't been trained as a Professional Law Enforcement Officer.

REMIX: "Can't Tase This" UF Student Tasered

I felt I was being attacked from all sides, you included.

While your language has been abusive, it is not threatening.

I was wrong.

Pack Attacks use their numbers for leverage.

"But, of course you'd think that, spending all your time in your body"

Work From Home (Physics Version) | A Capella Science

8645 (RedBV) said:

What those posters were trying to get across to you is . . .

I'm just going to stop you right there.

Their intentions do not match the words they chose, and therefore are irrelevant.

If you cannot see any of those posts as deliberately intimidating, then you need to look at how you choose to interact with people.

You have to remember, RedBV is a Professional Law Enforcement Officer, so he knows better than the rest of us.

NERDS: A Manifesto | A Capella Science

SquaddyB said...

You are very, very insecure if you take advice as being threatening!

Academia de San Francisco - ESGRIMA COLOMBIANA - Esgrima de machete y bordón - LAS SIETE PARADAS