Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September 11 Anniversary   America - all of it

Started Sep-5 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 2010 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

CzoeMC

Sep-5

It was clear that the Saudis were behind it all along. I feel so sorry for our Mpls/StP FBI woman who reported that these Saudi Arab guys were suspicious, as they signed up and took training to fly planes, but didn't want the courses on how to land. She was reprimanded and removed, before 9/11.

But Bush didn't want to embarrass his Sheik buddies, so blamed it on Iran, and there we went!

*woops, meant Iraq

• Edited September 6, 2021 4:02 am  by  CzoeMC
In reply toRe: msg 2
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

I think 9/11 is what got me politically engaged.  Back then it was Michael Moore with Fahrenheit 911 and Stupid White Men.

It would seem very little has changed.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

CzoeMC

Sep-6

I definitely remember 9/11, working at the bank, no customers, and pulled up the news. Called coworkers over, and we cried as we watched live, the towers collapse, cried because we knew how many people  were dieing in those buildings. Can't even imagine the horror they felt, or the horror of those in the streets of New York watching. Crying as the rescuers were giving their own lives to help others.

We cried, they died, it is a sadness only those with hearts of stone can ... oh

In reply toRe: msg 5
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

It was about 10pm at night for me.  My mum called me and told me to turn on the news.

I just remember the overwhelming shock.

In reply toRe: msg 6
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

I'm sorry, but this thing looks like a grain silo.

A crane lifts sections of marble onto the dome of St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church and National Shrine on Friday, Aug. 27, 2021, in New York. The shrine will have a ceremonial lighting on the eve of the 20th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks, while the interior is slated for completion next year. (AP Photo/Jessie Wardarski)

In reply toRe: msg 7
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

In reply toRe: msg 5
katiek2

Sep-9

Just watched a documentary called Turning Point, tracing events that lead to 9/11 from  the US helping the mujahideen (who became alquaida and taliban) train and fight the Russians, through the war on terror becoming nation building, through 9/11 and it's aftermath, through our 20 year intervention in Afghanistan.   It is heartrending, but horrifically pertinent to current events.  Will we ever learn?

MEDDLY

Sep-9

<<<Will we ever learn?>>>

NO!