Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Who has seen "Love Child"   Entertainment

Started Sep-24 by NISSY (NISSY2); 411 views.
NISSY (NISSY2)

Sep-24

I don't think many Americans have seen this.  Living in Norway, I was lucky that our state TV purchased Love Child from an Australian TV network.  It is about sixty episodes spread over four years.  It takes place mostly in Sydney at Stanton House, a home for expecting unwed mothers.  I don't think I have ever seen such excellent acting and it is well written meaning that it is believable.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2832756/

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Sep-25

Yeah, that was on telly here.

My mum loved that show.

If you like more Australian shows:

Stateless

Please Like Me

Kath and Kim

Rake

Offspring

Secret City

Wanted

Halifax FP

NISSY (NISSY2)

Sep-25

Love Child was one of the best series that I have ever seen.  The characters were consistent and the acting was good to excellent depending on the actor.  I think the title is very weak and "Stanton House Love" would have been much better but in the first season, Sarah Lambert had no idea it would be so successful.  Love Child was much better than her "A place to call home" which was more of a soap opera and not as believable as Love Child.

I like Australian cinema generally speaking but my favorite movie is "Map of the Human Heart" from New Zealand.  You can watch the whole movie on YouTube in Norway. I don't know a out other countries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuWk39ArSQ4

CamGeary

Sep-27

"Bananas in Pajamas"...

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Sep-29

Now THAT is an Australian classic!

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Sep-29

The title Love Child was more about the 1960s era, than the unexpected pregnancies.

NISSY (NISSY2)

Sep-29

That is why I liked it so much. It even had the Vietnam War in it and the beginning of the women's rights movement. It had a lot of corruption. It had racism towards native Australians.

My partner and I watch a lot of minis series and she often falls asleep. She never fell asleep during Love Child. It has a fast pace with a lot of situations going on all of the time.

As I said before, its title is weak. I think the perfect title would be "Stanton House Love" because all of the episodes revolve around Stanton House.

CamGeary

Sep-29

My son turned me on to "The Chaser's War on Everything"...

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Sep-30

Oh, I loved that.

The Chaser boys used to be in so much trouble every week.

You should see if you can find The Checkout.

They tackled consumerism and advertising - the ultimate No-No for TV.

CamGeary

Sep-30

"Chaser" was on one of the lesser American cable networks...