Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Is ISIS defeated?   Africa and the Middle East

Started 11/10/17 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 45794 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)

12/17/17

The Taliban have definitely been known to just wait out the "invasion" and take back territory when the forces pull out.

You can't stop dissent from occurring inside the private homes of people.

That is why the war needs to be fought on an ideological front.  I don't mean saying "your religion is stupid", I mean holding IS accountable for the human rights atrocities committed against Muslims.

Also, Myanmar needs serious world attention.  It's not helping that genocide is happening right now and no one is speaking up about it.

bml00

12/18/17

President Obama gave the date for withdrawal of the troops , a wise strategy if you in the Taliban .

I am not sure how to fight radicalism , everybody has a good idea but none of them have gained traction , if you believe being nice to people and telling them where they are going wrong is going to help be my guest, for Christmas I can send you a large R

bml00

12/18/17

You apparently dont have an edit ability once I sent the mail , I sent it unfinished

President Obama gave the date for withdrawal of the troops , a wise strategy if you in the Taliban .

I am not sure how to fight radicalism , everybody has a good idea but none of them have gained traction , if you believe being nice to people and telling them where they are going wrong is going to help be my guest, for Christmas I can send you a large Rock to bang your head against .

The few times in History when insurgents were beaten was when the otherside became utterly ruthless , if we are to fight wars with one hand tied then why fight or lose men believing we can fight according to moral or ethical codes the otherside see as weakness

BM

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

12/19/17

Hey BM.

How are you viewing my forum?  If it is Zeta, then there is a drop box beside the reply button.

If you prefer to view in classic there should be a way to do so, but I am not sure how.  Others here will know.

As to my Christmas rock (opal, please - they're pretty), I feel that the only change that could have any chance of working would have to come from within.

There are people who were involved with terror cells who woke up and left.  Now they help de-radicalize others.

The Imams and elders, too, must take on the extremely difficult role of preaching a better message.  Most do, but it just takes one fundie nutsack cleric with a full mosque to do a lot of damage.

bml00

12/19/17

If young people are not fully intergrated into their host society , they then start to live on the fringes and it will create resentment, this is where the cannon fodder of radicalism is to be found.

Within European Muslims , most have found their niche within their their hosts society but some cant and wont , that is where the work has to be done

BM

Dan (DANCULBERSON)

12/19/17

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said...

If you prefer to view in classic there should be a way to do so, but I am not sure how.

If you are in classic mode (which I recommend), it depends on whether you want to edit your message before or after posting it. After I write a message, I always "Preview" it, and then if I want to change something, I click on "Revise" and change something before posting it. If I have already posted a message and want to edit something in my own post, I click on the gear symbol next to "Reply," and it gives the author of the post the ability to "Edit" it, before "Apply"ing the change.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

12/20/17

How do you switch to classic view?

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

12/20/17

I agree.

There is no single solution.  Especially not a violent one.

bml00

12/20/17

The West including the USA has enormous military capabilities but are restrained by an obscene need to show their enemies that they have morality on their side , this in effect curtails the advantages inherent within the military and it sends them to war with either one arm tied behind their backs or sometimes two.

I listened with interest to the Trump strategic speech , like almost everybody else nobody knew in the end what he was saying , Obama was even worse .

Your enemies must fear you , if they do not you are in very serious trouble

BM

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

12/20/17

Read this today.  It's interesting.

Raqqa: Defeat and disillusionment sink in for Islamic State's foreign converts

At a counter-terrorism unit office in northern Syria, an Indonesian member of the Islamic State group — captured by the western-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) — has offered a detailed account of his path to jihad.

Key points:

• Aldiansyah Syamsudin travelled to Syria to join IS but was lucky to survive an air strike
  • Witnesses say they believe an Australian doctor treated their children at an IS hospital
  • Kurdish officials say all foreign fighters — no matter how contrite — are dangerous

Aldiansyah Syamsudin, who uses the pseudonym Abu Assam Al Indonisiy, said he was a simple rice cook in Bogor, south of Jakarta, before travelling to Syria to join IS.

There he was taught how to fire a machine gun and an AK-47, but Islamic State's promises — that he would receive four wives, a car and a house — came to nothing.

Left "wounded, sick and starving" as the lone survivor of an air strike which destroyed the vehicle he and other fighters were travelling in, he was shunned by locals and quickly captured.

Now he says he wants to go home and he won't be a danger to his fellow Indonesians — or Westerners.

"Now that IS does not care for me, why should I follow their teachings?" he said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-20/how-indonesian-cook-became-an-is-group-fighter/9267544

The article goes into a lot more detail.  But these are the guys you want sharing their story as publicly as possible.  The propaganda has to be picked apart and openly addressed.  The US has the best filmmakers in the world.  Why aren't they using them?