Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Impeachment for dummies   America - all of it

Started 12/5/17 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 20507 views.
CzoeMC

Jan-16

In reply toRe: msg 139
CzoeMC

Jan-16

The henchmen are caving.  

Parnas's  interview with Rachel Maddow last night was most enlightening towards the deception and strategy (such as it was in ineptitude), that Trump so clumsily tromped about. Tales of emails, consorting to stalk an Ambassador, make her feel afraid for her life. Nothing personal to get her against, only her position as a diplomat. No slander, no impropriety, was ever hers in her entire service to many administrations.

So, Trump's team had to intimidate, and send Giuliani to Ukraine (who paid for THAT, btw?) to do his dirty deeds and failed exploits. Trump needed her out, because she was decent, and, "Diplomacy? WTF is THAT? I do what I want, because Putin tells me I can RULE"!

Oooh, interesting news today!

• Edited January 16, 2020 6:12 am  by  CzoeMC
BerrySteph

Jan-16

CzoeMC said:

Parnas's  interview with Rachel Maddow last night was most enlightening towards the deception and strategy (such as it was in ineptitude), that Trump so clumsily tromped about.

I've only watched this short segment (3 minutes 20 sec), as explains how close Parnas claims to have been to Trump.

If he then goes onto describe how they stalked Ambassador Yovanovitch then, for sure, he knows what he's talking about.

I presume the silent guy beside him is his lawyer.

CzoeMC

Jan-16

Interview with Rachel, part 2, tonight...

Di (amina046)

Jan-17

Stephen Colbert explains the latest 'ridiculously incriminating' and deeply stupid Ukraine evidence

Mitch McConnell saying "impeachment of Donald John Trump" in the Senate may or may not be Stephen Colbert's new ringtone.

BerrySteph

Jan-17

I'm sorry to say, Rachel Maddow's normal presentation rather grates on me.

But she's done an excellent job interviewing Parnas.

BerrySteph

Jan-17

Di (amina046) said:

Stephen Colbert explains the latest 'ridiculously incriminating' and deeply stupid Ukraine evidence

Late Show host Stephen Colbert also took the audience through the trove of documentary evidence the Democrats released, described by Vanity Fair as "ridiculously incriminating." A whole heap of these came courtesy of Rudy Giuliani's associate Lev Parnas (aka the inspiration for beloved Soviet toy Comrade Turnip-Face, according to Colbert), who asserted that everything he did in Ukraine was with the "knowledge and consent" of the president. 

Di (amina046) said:

Mitch McConnell saying "impeachment of Donald John Trump" in the Senate may or may not be Stephen Colbert's new ringtone.

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi sent the articles of impeachment to the Senate on Wednesday, forcing Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell to read the words "impeachment of Donald John Trump" over and over in the chamber.

CzoeMC

Jan-17

So funny! I saw it the first time, BTW Rachel Maddow  and her team are the best investigators, and analysts of political info, ever.

She has got the Senate Republicans, even, to consider having testimony from witnesses.

OH, it was really bizarre, watching the the House Reps , ceremoniously carrying in the Article of Impeachment, to the Senate.  Kind of like a platter that they wished they could carry a head  on.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jan-17

BerrySteph

Jan-17

CzoeMC said:

it was really bizarre, watching the the House Reps , ceremoniously carrying in the Article of Impeachment, to the Senate.  Kind of like a platter that they wished they could carry a head  on.

I gather that Mitch McConnell (?) was forced to read the articles out.

They'd been laced as often as possible with the phrase "the impeachment of Donald Trump".