Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Get your bible out of my uterus!   Religion

Started 2/21/18 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 8283 views.
BerrySteph

5/25/19

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Activists are taking their fight to end abortion in the US to the Supreme Court. With Trump appointees on the bench, the decision could be made by one judge, writes Mazoe Ford.

The US Constitution was always dangerously unstable - we're now seeing its breakdown.

The Supreme Court is fast losing its credibility as a defender of anyone or anything - the US could be torn apart over gays or guns or gynacology. Some states simply refusing to implement what others claim to be settled law.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

5/26/19

BerrySteph said:

The US Constitution was always dangerously unstable - we're now seeing its breakdown. The Supreme Court is fast losing its credibility as a defender of anyone or anything - the US could be torn apart over gays or guns or gynacology. Some states simply refusing to implement what others claim to be settled law.

Excellent points, all.

BerrySteph

5/26/19

Excellent points, all.

I'm sure you will have noticed that I don't always show the respect I should to the great and good society on the other side of the pond.

However, its Constitutional problems were well known (and much deeper than people commonly recognize).

And we're now seeing something very dark and terrible in process of happening.

Will Trump step down when the time comes? Yes, probably - however, the next Democratic President will face enormous difficulty from a now heavily and nastily politicised judicial system.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

5/27/19

In reply toRe: msg 26
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

5/27/19

BerrySteph

5/29/19

The Pope urges doctors and priests to support pregnancies being carried to term even if the foetus is likely to die and says opposing abortion is not a religious issue but a human one.

How does a great humanitarian like the Pope manage to make himself sound like a huge threat to our survival?

Di (amina046)

5/30/19

BerrySteph

5/30/19

Di (amina046) said:

Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty Images Disney may stop filming movies and TV shows in Georgia if the state's new controversial abortion law goes into effect, CEO Bob Iger told Reuters today. Iger was asked by Reuters about the company's plans to continue filming some of its biggest movies in Georgia following a ban on abortion that would prevent women from having the procedure done as soon as a doctor can...

I can't believe wealthy women with professional jobs will have any problem getting the procedure wherever and whenever they want.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

6/1/19

BerrySteph

6/1/19

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said: Judge keeps Missouri's only abortion clinic open for a few extra days amid legal challenge The intervention has been hailed as a huge victory in St Louis, but Missouri could still become the only US state without a legal abortion provider if a court battle fails.

Its the only clinic which calle itself abortionist.

Half a dozen or more calling themselves Botox treatment or something.

Necessary to fix all the young girls raped by wealthy pillars of society.

Why do you suppose Lindsey Graham so angrily defended Kavanaugh from the allegations of rape?