Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Russia    The U.K and Europe

Started 3/28/18 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 27517 views.
BerrySteph

7/26/19

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

there are a few news articles I need to post today and I still fear Berry will hijack them!

Forums suffer quite a lot from lying trolls - but I'm not one of them.

I'm depressed that rank dishonesty is so acceptable to people. Some of those who do it know no limits - push them far enough (and long enough) and you'll even get outrageous and angry defence of actual, 1940s, Nazis.

BM's defence of his country is perfectly commendable - his problem is that its entirely superficial (when not plainly illegal and racist and genocidal).

Thread-drift is entirely natural and never normally considered a problem - two or more independent ideas going on. If it was a problem, I'm sure Delphi could give you a tool to split them.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

7/26/19

I agree that topics shift.

Slowly.

But not every topic involves genocide.

BerrySteph

7/27/19

What, even when genocide is so much more strongly indicated (and for so much bigger numbers) than they were in 1939 Europe?

When the proponents of it are rampant in the public sphere - and indeed the genocide (and cover up of it) is going on right now?

And when all our wars seem to be based on completely cynical lies (Afghanistan, Vietnam, both Gulf wars, Libya and probably Syria) and colonialisation of nations chosen for their inability to retaliate?

In 1940 and 1941 there was a real recognition, in both the UK and the US, that beggaring others (and ourselves in our case) was unnecessary and likely to prove disastrous - in 2019 there seems nothing like that because, at every turn, people are determined to spread chaos and suffering and produce millions, if not billions of dead.

Just at the point when climate catastrophe could still be fought, we're doing everything to make it as quick and as bad as possible.

RGoss99

8/11/19

Sure some immature American elements are happy with this. A more mature approach would be for America to avoid actions play to other countries insecurity, and take positive steps to defuse potential strife.

BerrySteph

8/11/19

RGoss99 said:

Sure some immature American elements are happy with this. A more mature approach would be for America to avoid actions play to other countries insecurity, and take positive steps to defuse potential strife.

I'm sure you could do it better than me.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

9/30/19

BerrySteph

9/30/19

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:   More than 18,000 Russians demand the release of protesters jailed in what Kremlin opponents says is a campaign to stifle dissent.

No comment. This is what happens in nations under existential threat, as the Russians undoubtely are.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

10/20/19

In reply toRe: msg 62
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

10/24/19