Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

News from Germany   The U.K and Europe

Started 4/7/18 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 3194 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Nov-10

BerrySteph

Nov-10

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Germany celebrates the 30th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall, which separated the Communist-ruled East from the capitalist West in Berlin for nearly three decades and became a potent symbol of the Cold War.

The Germans are very concious of this date, heard it mentioned many times.

But this is the first big anniversary I've ever noticed in this country, on the BBC a lot at the moment.

Harold27Z

Nov-20

Where there is smoke, there must be fire.

Which other nation's behaviour caused them to be expelled from about 105 countries and city-states ?

Whereabouts are the Guinness Book of Records adjudicators when you need them ?

bml00

Nov-20

The Jews crossed paths with one Messiah (JC) and then the Prophet and we rejected both as neither fitted the criteria , if you were looking for a reason to ostracize the Jews look no further .

Christianity as it spread so did its efforts to demonize the Jews , Islam tolerated the Jews so long as the Jews were ready to accept the laws surrounding their entire life style (at times it was lax and at times it was enforced with punishing exactitude)

The Jews retained their faith , they stayed apart for their own safety , My Fathers family lived a penniless existence in the East End and only as their fortunes changed so did their addresses - my mothers family were (for Jews) at the top of a tiny tree , my Grandfather an officer in WW1 well educated , his daughters with their plummy accents the epitome of Anglicised Jews - but despite all they had they experienced shocking Anti Semitism

BM

In reply toRe: msg 14
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Nov-21

It's something I will never understand.

And I'm grateful for that.

Have you considered converting to Atheism?

bml00

Nov-21

I was born into a non Religious Family our records for which we can go back the best part of 450 years show that in the distant past 3 of my great  great great grandmothers were not Jewish but converted to Judaism and were buried in Orthodox Jewish Cemeteries .

My Grandfather (My Mothers side ) left the trenches and was convinced there was No Gd there could not be after what he had seen and yet later in his life he was one of the major contributors to a Synagogue in North London which has his name on a large brass plaque speaking of his desire to have a Jewish Place of Worship.

My brother and I came to Israel in early 1973 , my Mothers Chauffeur (she was too upset to take us to the Airport) in her Royce and we left behind a large thriving business and a life style which would not be PC to talk about , we were not ZIONISTS we were not observant , we spoke not a word of Hebrew and did not have a clue what we were in for ( we never went to Israel we just decided to go and live here)

One war , 3 weeks of INCREDIBLE destruction and death and we both knew in our souls we were Jewish and Zionists and for reasons we would never know that this was the place we were meant to be.

I have done things which I hope Gd will forgive me , I have seen things which I have forgiven Gd for and I have stood by graves and cried for my friends none of whom made it to old age .

I was born for better or worse a Jew I will return to my maker a Jew , I will die as I was born ignorant and seeking answers but being Jewish was not a question I have ever had to answer

BM

In reply toRe: msg 16
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Nov-23

Do you think you would care as much about being Jewish if you did NOT see all the death and destruction?

bml00

Nov-23

I cannot tell you , the history of the Jewish people has been traumatic and passed through the generations , it is almost part of every Jew's DNA .

Today in 2019 it is now again fashionable and permissible to question who and who is not a Jew and who is and who is not a Good Jew etc

Israel is the ONLY place where Jews cannot only be exactly who they want to be but we can also defend ourselves .

No matter where Jews live no matter how safe how secure how rich they are they will always be strangers in a strange land and ultimately subject to the foibles of others

BM

In reply toRe: msg 18
Di (amina046)

Nov-24

They are not strangers in Bloomingdale’s.

bml00

Nov-24

They are strangers in strange lands , they know it , you may not

BM