Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Promote away!   Promote Your Forum!

Started 6/15/17 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 65495 views.
In reply toRe: msg 468
ElDotardo

Aug-4

Great Barrier Reef Coral Cover Hits Record Levels For Second Year

coral reefOfficial data released today reveals that Australia’s Great Barrier Reef is in excellent health, with coral cover reaching record levels for the second consecutive year.

The increase will be surprising to members of the public, who are regularly hit with scary stories about coral bleaching and false tales about a reef in long-term decline. [bold, links added]

A new note, published today by the Global Warming Policy Foundation, explains that the data shows clearly how a handful of coral bleaching events that have affected the reef since 2016 have had a very limited impact on the overall coral cover.

Dr. Peter Ridd says:

“In recent years, the media around the world has been reporting coral bleaching events in increasingly apocalyptic terms. This data proves that they are simply scaremongering.”

GWPF director, Dr. Benny Peiser said:

“This is just the latest example of empirical data making a mockery of the catastrophists. For how much longer do they think they can get away with it?”

Dr. Ridd’s paper, entitled The Good News on Coral Reefs can be downloaded here (pdf)

In reply toRe: msg 469
ElDotardo

Aug-5

The Great Barrier Reef Is Strong, So Stop The Scare Campaign

great barrier reefThe latest data on the coral cover on the Great Barrier Reef, produced by the Australian Institute of Marine Science, should be a cause for celebration.

Church bells should be ringing and children given a day off from school. AIMS says two of the three main regions of the reef are at record-breaking high levels. [bold, links added]

CONTINUE READING 

In reply toRe: msg 470
ElDotardo

Aug-5

Just a reminder:

ALL ARE WELCOME AT DIVERSECITY

(available in the drop down menu above)

ElDotardo

Aug-9

America under fascism . . .

The Democrat Stasi's raid on Mar-A-Lago 

Here’s your chance to discuss what happened at Mar-A-Lago today, along with a few quick thoughts of my own.

We still don’t know what’s in the search warrant but, as of now, it seems as if Garland got a judge to issue the equivalent of a general warrant. That was a warrant that a judge would issue to one of the king’s officers, allowing him to search anything at any time. The abuse of general warrants was one of the main issues leading to the American Revolution.

This also has a strong whiff of Lavrentiy Beria’s famous saying: “Show me the man and I’ll show you the crime.” In the old America, first you would have to have sufficient evidence of a crime to justify a search warrant.

In the new America, Joe Biden’s America, after failing with impeachments and January 6 hearings, you get the general warrant, grab every scrap of paper you can find, and then piece them together to create something that bears a vague resemblance to a crime. Take it before a D.C. grand jury, get an indictment, and then get a D.C. jury to convict. You know it will be overturned on appeal (unless you’ve packed the Supreme Court) but that doesn’t matter. You will have sidelined Trump forever:

Mission accomplished.

And one other thing: The White House is risibly claiming it knew nothing about this. I’m sure Biden didn’t know anything about it, because he’s a bad version of a ventriloquist’s dummy but do you really believe Ron Klain wasn’t in on this? I mean, no matter how biased Garland’s justice department is, do you see him going after a former and future president without approval from the boss’s puppet master?

What do you think about all of this? Who

https://www.bookwormroom.com/2022/08/08/the-raid-on-mar-a-lago-open-thread/

Your boy is going down. Rule of law. Deal with it.

ElDotardo

Aug-9

Yes, let's.

Has the DOJ issued a statement yet? No? Wonder why? No, I suppose not, you're too busy creamin' your jeans. Enjoy the moment Davey, it won't last.

When the DOJ or FBI serve warrants, they don't make public announcements or statements. Everything you hear is from those served or those near to those served. A search like this is not public information until there are charges and court dates. 

8th grade civics. 

ElDotardo

Aug-9

Yeah, they do.

First year law school.

Thumbnail

The FBI has immediately leaked the details of the raid on Mar A Lago to The New York Times. But yeah, it’s not political. If you don’t see the Rubicon that is being crossed by the FBI conducting a raid on a former and likely future political opponent’s home, I can’t help you. 

The president with the lowest approval ratings in our lives just had his department of justice’s FBI raid the private home of the leading candidate to replace him in the next election. 

Whether or not you're a fan of Donald Trump, you should realize this is dangerous territory.
  • Edited August 9, 2022 11:37 am  by  ElDotardo

Name one example of the DOJ or FBI announcing the warrant or purpose there of in public. 

Just one, any one will do.