Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Iran   Africa and the Middle East

Started 9/19/18 by Di (amina046); 59073 views.
bml00

Aug-2

This is about saving face , they have seen their country attacked at will with what appears some deeply embedded support

BM

MEDDLY

Aug-2

If he was a wanted/marked man, how the hell did he end up in Iran? Was he kidnapped, was he lured with threats to close relatives?

This should teach the Iranian Diaspora to stop trying to reach out to the senile autocracy.

MEDDLY

Aug-2

I still don't understand how the idiot ended up there. Any "complaints" from his relatives/friends?

bml00

Aug-3

It is most unlikely he was behind the spate of attacks on the Iranian infrastructure  BUT despite all the warnings in the World like moths round a flame these dullards do the most stupid things

BM

bml00

Aug-3

Firstly he may not even exist , it appears nobody has claimed him and it is important to the Iranians to show they have caught something even it is a non existant person as it may expose some of the links to the real culprits

BM

MEDDLY

Aug-3

It befuddles me how the Iranian Diaspora, mostly in California, tries to play into the hands of the Iranian autocracy. The same autocracy that made their parents/grandparents leave in the first place. The second (and probably the third too) generation is fool of imbeciles who don't realize they're HATED.

• Edited August 3, 2020 10:21 am  by  MEDDLY
bml00

Aug-4

I have had a great deal of connection to the Iranian Jewish community both here in Israel and the USA (mostly LA)

There is an abiding love of their land shared by all of them (or most of them) and they have a deep love of their culture , their food and their history and it is interesting that PERSIA/Babylon  is the only land mentioned in the Torah other than Israel .

Despite the deep divide between the governments of Iran and Israel it would be fair to say the divide is not felt by the people - in fact in todays Jerusalem Post there is an article speaking of trying to find peace amongst the peoples of Iran and Israel who share so much deep history

BM

katiek2

Aug-4

bml00 said:

There is an abiding love of their land shared by all of them (or most of them) and they have a deep love of their culture , their food and their history and it is interesting that PERSIA/Babylon  is the only land mentioned in the Torah other than Israel .

Just a sidenote - I know I'm not part of this conversation.  A young Iranian man whose parents came to the US with the Shah very rigorously informed me he was NOT "Iranian", he was PERSIAN, followed zoroastrianism and hated the mullahs.  

bml00

Aug-4

I know many people who have visited their homeland of Iran and loved and enjoyed their country , its food its people and its enormous history.

One of my many cousins married an Iranian Girl who would later visit the country several times over the years , she was born there and as somebody said to me you can take the man from England but you can never take England from the man and it is a truism you come to know more and more

BM

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

You're welcome in any conversation, Katie!