Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Facebook   World Wide WTF?

Started 1/28/19 by Di (amina046); 4312 views.
In reply toRe: msg 29
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jun-15

In reply toRe: msg 30
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jun-27

In reply toRe: msg 31
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jun-29

katiek2

Jun-30

There are a lot of really trashy comments, from all sorts of people/groups on Facebook.  If you see Facebook as only a place for family & friends to stay in touch, and not comment on anything not related to family or friendships, then identifying and disallowing anything unrelated to family or friends should be what's done.  Unfortunately even among family & friends, it's very hard not to have conversations that do not include societal issues.

If Zuckerberg and friends really wanted an issue-less Facebook, they would come straight out and not allow anything other than "hi, how are you" be posted.  I wonder if that would be constitutionally correct?  That pesky 1st amendment comes into play in a public space, which Facebook is.   However, it's also very easy on Facebook to unfriend someone whose posts you don't want to see or read.  One just needs to have the guts to unfriend someone they consider a friend outside of Facebook.

Don't know if any of the above makes sense, but maybe someone reading this will understand what I'm trying to say.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jun-30

I have a link to my forum on my FB page for politics and debate.

Everything there is game-related talk and jokes.

Regular jokes, not political memes.

I probably should do a search for my family...

Tomorrow...

In reply toRe: msg 34
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

In reply toRe: msg 35
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jul-25