Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

UK News - General   The U.K and Europe

Started 7/16/19 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 40630 views.
Harold27Z

11/5/19

I wonder would that diplomat get of Scot-free if she tried to harm someone in he cabinet ?

Harold27Z

11/5/19

Q. How do you take them seriously ?

A. Base-ball bat therapy springs to mind.

bml00

11/5/19

The Russians or the Chinese even the US are unlikely to give up their diplomats who are covered by immunity no matter the fall out .

Unfortunately this lad will not receive justice, they will go through the act of everything but they will get nowhere

BM

bml00

11/5/19

For me they are idiots I would hang them on oak trees , I feel their case has some justification but their tactics lose them their sympathy

BM

BerrySteph

11/8/19

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20528352
Tewkesbury has been indundated four times in recent years

Last time I checked (2 or 3 years ago?) house prices in Tewkesbury dipped slightly before returning to their previous upward slant.

Can't still be doing that, can they?

Well, yes they are - judging by the ever-optimistic Estate Agent ads.

The nearest I can find to any warning is 7 years out of date:

29 Nov 2012 - But do house prices dramatically fall in flood areas and if not, why not? There's a poignant image of the picturesque town of Tewkesbury ...

I'm going to watch this town in Gloucester (as I remember surrounded by water) and use it as my bell-weather.

(Have I got the right word there, doesn't look entirely convincing ... oh, yes, "the leading sheep of a flock, with a bell on its neck.")

BerrySteph

11/8/19

If you take a place like Tewkesbury, you can see that the floods of 2007 did not significantly affect prices.

Tewkesbury has beautiful buildings... some people think that outweighs the odd flood Anthony Rhodes, local estate agent

In June 2007, the average property value in the historic market town was £241,821. It dropped slightly to £238,200 in July, the month floods hit - when the average property price in England was £258,855. But the average price stayed consistently about the £240,000 mark for the rest of the year, according to figures collated by property website Zoopla.

Prices in Tewkesbury have dropped since, but not at a vastly disproportionate rate to the rest of England. Tewkesbury's average property is now £215,322, with the average value in England £236,134.

It's a similar picture in parts of Cumbria that were heavily affected by floods in 2009, and also less severely in 2005.

In October 2009, the average property value in Cockermouth, was £217,243, dropping to £213,234 in November - when floods hit. Today the average property price is £208,749, according to Zoopla.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

11/9/19

Anywhere near you?

In reply toRe: msg 201
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

11/9/19