Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

UK News - General   The U.K and Europe

Started 7/16/19 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 53770 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

5/13/20

I hope they find the sack of crap who did this.

In reply toRe: msg 349
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

5/14/20

adwil

5/14/20

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Belly Mujinga dies 14 days after a member of the public, who said he had COVID-19, spat and coughed at her and a colleague on the concourse of London's Victoria station.

Very sad. She didn't report it so it may no longer be on CCTV. 

BerrySteph

5/14/20

Interpol issues a red notice for the wife of a US diplomat who is wanted in Britain over a 2019 car crash that killed a 19-year-old.

We don't often notice that we're under occupation.

BerrySteph

5/14/20

adwil said:

There's a fortune to be made by the many companies that have moved into producing PPE, sanitisers and cleaning gear.

No thanks to our government, which appears to have rejected offers of help and supplies from manufacturers.

BerrySteph

5/14/20

adwil said:

Thank you, though I have to correct what I wrote about travel to Ireland.  If you enter by flight or ferry, you have to self isolate. If you enter from N. Ireland, you don't.

Blimey - you've heard something I'd not heard.

If we weren't still hard at work and could see far enough forward, we might have jumped at that.

BerrySteph

5/14/20

Rail unions in England threaten to stop train services in order to protect workers and passengers after commuters cram onto public transport across London on the first day of eased coronavirus measures.

Sad business - a lot of damage has been done to the reputation of the UK government. 

bml00

5/14/20

This is not a notice of arrest FYI , she is covered by Diplomatic Immunity .

BM

adwil

5/14/20

"No thanks to our government, which appears to have rejected offers of help and supplies from manufacturers."

The accusation was made by Rachel Reeves. The following is the reply.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/letter-from-chancellor-of-the-duchy-of-lancaster-to-shadow-chancellor-of-the-duchy-of-lancaster-22-april-2020

BerrySteph

5/14/20

A unified message is what the United Kingdom desperately needs right now, but Boris Johnson is determined to go it alone, writes Samantha Hawley.

What BM says is sadly correct - Boris has the responsibility for the economy and may have to take some tough decisions.

But he's repeatedly behaved very badly, threatening the unity of the UK, first over Brexit and now over this.