Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Technology News   Science

Started 8/29/19 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 11719 views.
AletheiaAtha

9/30/19

BerrySteph said:

Over and over again I hear how terribly antisemitic were the Germans

Oh, I agree, Germany was not the only country in which anti-Semitism was rife.   Have you ever read stories by John Buchan?   Apparently he was considered less anti-Semitic than average, for writers of that time.   It was just the done thing back then, to comment on races and generalise about them. :-(

BerrySteph

10/1/19

AletheiaAtha said:

Oh, I agree, Germany was not the only country in which anti-Semitism was rife. 

I cannot find evidence that Germany was very antisemitic. (Did I post you about the first chapters of Mein Kampf being plagiarised from Henry Ford?)

In particular, I cannot find any evidence that the Nazis were brutalising the Jews - anywhere, ever, before Stephen Wise and others instigated the start of the "Germany will crack this winter" campaign. The one throw-away listing I found seems to have disappeared.

But get this - Stephen Wise was the Chairman of the "Joint Emergency Committee" and claims in his autobiography to have had "hundreds of word-of-mouth reports, courageous letters - some mere scraps of paper smuggled out of Germany - argued forcibly for the truth. One eloquent message delivered to Rabbi Wise said simply, "Do not believe the denials. Nor the Jewish denials."[Stephen Wise, "Challenging Years: the Autobiography of Stephen Wise" (New York: Putnam, 1949), 240-41.]

On that basis, Stephen Wise and the AJC and the JWV threatened Germany with a devastating economic boycott - and put it into operation (details if you want them from an unimpeachable source).

And yet, the correpondence Stephen Wise claimed to have from Germany in March 1933, critical to the accusations made against Hitler and the Nazis was never seen by anyone else. Anywhere, ever.

Under the circumstances, since we've seen letters begging for something completely different ("please, please, stop the boycott" - http://www.haaretz.com/business/.premium-1.652576 ), it seems likely the whole business was a fiction. Stephen Wise wanted the German Jews to be hated in their homeland and de-homed in order they populate and fund the ghastly (and at that time failing) colonialisation of Palestine.

There is more of this - but I'll stop there for the moment. Except to remind you that BM himself pointed me to an article that says the antisemitism of the Germans in the 1930s/ was seriously exaggerated.

Stuff like this gets Wizops to hate me and censor me.

bml00

10/1/19

TECHNOLOGY NEWS and the imbecile is off on Jews , Mein Kampf and the BDS

you need more examples of the idiot >?

bml00

10/1/19

One leap and we are away from the topic and into Zionism and Jews and Israel

In reply toRe: msg 22
BerrySteph

10/1/19

bml00 said:  One leap and we are away from the topic and into Zionism and Jews and Israel

America was indeed very antisemitic in the 20s and 30s.

I thought you'd be super keen to expose such bigotry.

There again, you won't condemn a country where Jews cannot marry non-Jews.

bml00

10/2/19

Another leap Jenifer from the topic and totally unrelated to anythinf

Numb nuts does not take you seriously 

BM

In reply toRe: msg 24
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

10/2/19

Aletheia made a comment that he could use to springboard off topic.

It doesn't take much.

Di (amina046)

10/2/19

However he is right that the US was very antisemitic, never mind negroes or Irish.

in one of the more posh beachclubs on Long Island you could see a sign saying:

No jews, no negroes, no Irish , no dogs!

And in Palm Beach there is a famous country club who will still not accept jewish members, and who expelled a friend of mine for bringing one as a guest.

Also, more than 1 US bank loaned money to Hitler. (I reserve the names).

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

10/3/19

Di (amina046) said:

And in Palm Beach there is a famous country club

Name it and shame it.

bml00

10/3/19

To quote Grouch Marx :- " Please accept my resignation. I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member "