Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Technology News   Science

Started 8/29/19 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 12065 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

8/30/19

I SO cannot wait for 5G!!

Di (amina046)

8/30/19

It’s fascinating. Does Australia have objections to Huawei?

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

8/31/19

It doesn't have a good reputation.

I was a little alarmed when I opened my old modem and saw Huawei technology in there.

Di (amina046)

8/31/19

I actually do not care who spies on me. Thinking about it, I actually prefer the Chinese over the Americans.

BerrySteph

9/1/19

Di (amina046) said:

I actually do not care who spies on me. Thinking about it, I actually prefer the Chinese over the Americans.

China is paranoid about real threats to its system and leaders. The US is seeking to silence dissent everywhere.

bml00

9/1/19

Battles are today fought in cyberspace , you can open a dam , you can cut communications , you can enter cell phones , you can find anybody , no technologically advanced nation no matter where wants to be found with its pants down , the British NHS was hacked as an example , banks are paranoid that money today an be transferred with the right knowhow - nothing and nobody is above these actions.

China is paranoid - so is everywhere that has increasing technological dependency.

BM

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

9/2/19

Di (amina046) said:

Google knows more about me than I would like, so they are ahead of the Chinese on that regard.

Also, China doesn't just monitor you, it judges you on your Social Credit score.

BerrySteph

9/2/19

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:  China doesn't just monitor you, it judges you on your Social Credit score.

And my society doesn't do the same thing?

How come at least three people I've known were called up for jury service while still in their yoof and, for all I know, have been doing it regularly every few years since?

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

9/3/19

I've only been called up once.

BerrySteph

9/3/19

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said: I've only been called up once.

You're probably a bad girl, unable to accept any evidence put in front of you.

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said: Amazon, Facebook and Google have hit back at a move by France to tax their sales, but Australia may soon follow.

Please don't remind me of another terrible result from Brexit.

Trump has told us we'll not get a trade deal with the US unless we agree to forego taxing US corporations.