Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Harry and Meghan - who gives a crap?   The U.K and Europe

Started 1/13/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 24066 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

4/13/21

It's not that you are disagreeing.  It's that you are heartless.

adwil

4/13/21

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

"It's that you are heartless."

To lose a perfect baby that was almost viable would be a tragedy. I can sympathise with that.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

4/14/21

adwil said:

To lose a perfect baby that was almost viable would be a tragedy. I can sympathise with that.

Have you noticed the people deriding her for not travelling with Harry to England?  Her baby is due in 2 months and they expect her to fly.

I am in no way surprised by the callous stupidity of the British public.

adwil

4/14/21

Have you noticed the people deriding her for not travelling with Harry to England?

No I haven't, but it doesn't surprise me. I think her decision is perfectly sensible. The baby comes first.  Travelling by air after 35 weeks is not recommended.

Of course there will be people who think she's deliberately snubbing the Royal family but I suppose that's inevitable.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

4/16/21

At least I got you to admit that some of her criticism comes from a place of pure ignorance.

adwil

4/16/21

At least I got you to admit that some of her criticism comes from a place of pure ignorance.

"Admit" suggests I haven't been truthful in the past. 

The criticism of Meghan comes from all those people who welcomed her marriage to their favorite prince and who believed that bringing someone of mixed race into the Royal Family was long overdue and who are now bitterly disappointed with the way things have turned out.

And Meghan is being blamed because she wasn't prepared to make the public service sacrifices that all the Royals make and because she took Harry off to the US so she could be with her own friends.  Very few of us believe the self-justificatory nonsense Meghan spouted to Oprah Winfrey. We think this was all planned in advance by a selfish and manipulative person.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

4/17/21

adwil said:

And Meghan is being blamed because she wasn't prepared to make the public service sacrifices that all the Royals make and because she took Harry off to the US so she could be with her own friends.

The fact that she was not prepared is likely true - what outsider ever truly could be? But the second half of this sentence is pure speculation based on no knowledge of her, her relationship with Harry or her friends.

This is the ignorance of which I speak.  At least you had the decency to use the terms "We think" and "believe" in your other pointless attacks.

adwil

4/17/21

Where is she living now?   Montecito.

"This is home to Oprah Winfrey (she calls her sprawling estate “The Promised Land”), Ellen DeGeneres, Ariana Grande, Gwyneth Paltrow and a broad sprinkling of the US’s super-rich whose multimillion-dollar estates stud the hillsides...."

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

4/18/21

Ahh... yes, it is easy to be jealous.

adwil

4/18/21

Ahh... yes, it is easy to be jealous.

Jealous????!!!!  I'd hate to live in Montecito. It's my worst nightmare- even worse than living in London.

I've lived in the same little industrial town for the last 50 years and love it.  I have open fields in one direction and open moorland and hills in the other. I have neighbours who are always friendly but keep themselves to themselves and respect my privacy as I respect theirs. 

The only place that I'd move to if I had the money would be five miles away, and another 1000 feet up on the moors. It's an old Post Office, the only survivor of a railway village that's been knocked down.  It's been converted to a house and it has been on sale three times in the last 25 years. Each time, it was more than I could afford.