Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

2020 Election   America - all of it

Started 2/26/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 62212 views.
MEDDLY

4/10/20

I disagree. The way he's handling the current CRISIS, even George McGovern (circa 1972) would beat him.

Msg 1223.29 deleted
BerrySteph

4/10/20

jra2750 said:

I wasn't aware that American Democracy HAS gone 'off the rails' as U imply.  Explain please.  Thanx.

It went off the rails when Obama was not allowed to get his SC nomination through - and most clearly, when Kavanaugh's confirmation was rammed through.

Kavanaugh was an exceptionally bad choice, rejected by around half of your population - and apparently wide open to blackmail.

That's when I knew that the US was spiralling down to a very dark place.

bml00

4/11/20

I am not an American so my opinion carries not an ounce of validity but IMO there is nobody that can create the traction requried to carry off a victory , Biden will not win.

BM

jra2750

4/11/20

U make a valid point.  Yes it was Mitch McConnell who held up Obama's choice because He (McConnell) had promised that if Obama was elected he would fight him at every turn.  

We got Trump and hence we got Kavanaugh...bad choice I agree. 

BerrySteph

4/11/20

jra2750 said:

We got Trump and hence we got Kavanaugh...bad choice I agree. 

I may be exaggerating.

But I'm not just delivering a stiff upper lip put down of you from far away - what's happening to your politics is pretty nearly happening to mine.

See this story - https://www.itv.com/news/2020-04-09/priti-patel-accused-of-avoiding-scrutiny-over-home-offices-coronavirus-response/ - our response to the virus is clearly going to be the worst in Europe - but Parliament can't question the people who mismanaged the thing so badly?

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

4/12/20

Analysis

In reply toRe: msg 34
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

4/12/20

BerrySteph

4/12/20

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

The information the US President's campaign has been collecting on potential supporters could give him a significant strategic advantage.

Big data is going to be the winner in this.

jra2750

4/12/20

Not a Boris fan hm?