Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

2020 Election   America - all of it

Started 2/26/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 42423 views.
katiek2

Oct-5

He meant exactly what he said.  I can guarantee you there won't be any Republicans standing at the polls trying to intimidate voters.   You've decided "go to the polls" and "watch very carefully" mean "loiter around the polls" and "intimidate voters".  You haven't thought it through.  What the hell - do we all wear R or D on our jackets?  Who the heck knows who votes for whom?  If there is any trouble, it won't be started by the right.

It's amazing how you can read someone's mind, though.  I would think being able to construe another person's true, actual meaning of words as opposed to what was actually said must be quite a burden to carry.  Kinda sad for you.

• Edited October 5, 2020 7:32 am  by  katiek2
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host
katiek2 said:

He meant exactly what he said.

Yes.  Go to the polls and watch what people do.

The LAW says it is illegal to loiter at the polls and intimidate peopleThat is the wording of the law, not Trump's words.  I don't know how else to make this point.

I guess we have no choice but to be sad for each other.

I have the uncanny ability to comprehend the English language.  This is a sad burden, yes.

You live in a country whose leader is an idiot.  A very sad burden, indeed.

And yes.  I'm sure these people will be very responsible.

And no one could possibly be intimidated by a Trump supporter.

Trump and Biden on guns: Far apart on policy and perspective - Los Angeles  Times

Why Does Trump Keep Firing Up His Base?

As economy crumbles, Trump taps neo-fascist militias for his re-election  effort – People's World

In reply toRe: msg 410
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

In reply toRe: msg 411
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

katiek2

Oct-6

Interesting article 

Where are your pictures of the thugs tearing up many of our cities?  Oh, couldn't find any Trump supporters in them?  Well, that's about par for a liberal.  Just ignore what you don't like.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

The article seems to raise more questions than it answered, but it was balanced, at least.

Unfortunately it is irrelevant to the current conversation, as the BLM protests are a separate issue.

We are talking about the President calling for random citizens to take it upon themselves to monitor you while you vote.

Perhaps they will walk into the buildings where the ballots are being counted to "supervise"?

What he said was stupid and dangerous.

And everyone continues to make excuses for his behaviour.

I am willing to cede that when he was referring to the Proud Boys he meant to say "Stand back and Stand down", not by.

But the call to arms to go into the polling stations can not be explained away as just another gaffe.

His words were specific and deliberate.

katiek2

Oct-7

Jenifer, in the US you CANNOT just go into a polling station and stand around to watch people.  It's against the law.  If you're in the polling station, you'd better be there to vote.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host
katiek2 said:

Jenifer, in the US you CANNOT just go into a polling station and stand around to watch people. It's against the law. If you're in the polling station, you'd better be there to vote.

THANK YOU!!

Now, do you understand that Trump calling on his supporters to do exactly that is wrong, dangerous and ILLEGAL!

katiek2

Oct-8

We see the same words - I take them literally, you put your own interpretation on them.  I understand that.  What I don't understand is how you could even imagine any president, Trump included, would tell his supporters to "loiter and intimidate" at a polling station.  Whatever he is, he's not stupid.  Now, we both know nothing each other says is going to change the other's mind, so let's move on from here.  I'm sure more badly worded sentences will be forthcoming, as well as cut and clipped videos and spun interpretations of those words.  Something new to chew on.

More fun to come.

It is a federal crime in all 50 states for civilians to loiter around polling places and intimidate voters.

I saw no quote where President Trump (don't you just love the sound of that? Me too!) even implied that his supporters do either of those things. Did you misspeak with the quote? Because it does not support the statement, above.