Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

2020 Election   America - all of it

Started 2/26/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 63349 views.
Di (amina046)

4/15/20

Di (amina046)

4/15/20

CC to CzoeMC
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

4/15/20

Jesus Christ he's a dangerous idiot.

In reply toRe: msg 43
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

4/15/20

In reply toRe: msg 44
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

4/15/20

I watched his whole speech.

GOD I MISS HIM!

BerrySteph

4/15/20

Di (amina046) said:

An Indiana congressman said Tuesday that letting more Americans die from the novel coronavirus is the "lesser of two evils" compared with the economy cratering due to social distancing measures.

I think he's wrong because:

a) We don't all have to catch the disease and when we do it can be mitigated (treatments/prevention better the longer this goes on).

b) If we all catch it simultaneously the death toll would be much bigger because we'd be unable to look after each other.

c) All experts in every country (as best I can tell) believe it needs to be fought.

BerrySteph

4/15/20

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Jesus Christ he's a dangerous idiot.

Never a truer word said.

But the flaws in the US Constitution made some kind of internal calamity a certainty in the US. Wasn't working properly under Obama - or anyone really.

Americans continue to overwhelmingly believe that Oswald did not act alone (81% at one point only a few years ago) and the US was on track to get worse in lots of such ways.

What I find disturbing is that, since about 2003, we've been dragged into the same thing.

katiek2

4/15/20

The only people receiving paper checks are those that have no information on file with the IRS.  All citizens that have filed income tax returns in either 2018 or 2019 will receive the stimulus payments by direct deposit - no paper checks required.  I doubt that 70 million people will have to suffer seeing Trump's signature on paper checks.  Maybe the Washington Post can do a survey and report back on a number.  Oh no, they can't do that.  It would take the fun out of bashing Trump.

jra2750

4/15/20

Perhaps Trump will win.  However if the Dems were smart they would consider Gov. Andrew Cuomo as a replacement  for Biden.  Cuomo is only 62 and is sharp as a tack.  He has been On the Ball re the virus in New York.  He hasn't played politics at all.  Works well with the admin.    I'd rather not vote 4 Trump but will not vote for Biden...Cuomo YES.

BerrySteph

4/15/20

jra2750 said:

I'd rather not vote 4 Trump but will not vote for Biden

That sounds bizarre. Like the Fraulein who preferred not to vote for Hitler but rejected a different leader who was, at least, a very tested and safe pair of hands.

I'm suspicious of any "hail fellow well-met" politician - I suspect them of encouraging others into reckless behaviour. Biden behaves like a dangerous crackpot but there must be some way not to go over the cliff.

He laughs and starts speaking at around 40 seconds.

Biden: "Buy A Shotgun, Buy A Shotgun"

"Jill, if there's ever a problem, walk out on the balcony, put that double-barrelled shot-gun and fire two blasts outside the house".

Something that appears to be extremely dangerous and criminal in most (inhabited) parts of the US.