Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Coronavirus   World Wide WTF?

Started Mar-31 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 13812 views.
katiek2

Apr-29

Dear Czoe, I agree with you, he has never learned to speak politician.  BTW, what is a "redneck"?  If your definition is someone that voted for Trump, then you're calling me a redneck and uneducated.  I guess, then, by using the same logic, that since you are apparently a democrat, that would make you a liar and morally corrupt (which I don't believe you are).  See how that goes?  How about we just don't call each other names based on our political views.  

ElDotardo

Apr-29

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said...

Who is Karen?

Team Joe | Know Your Meme

ElDotardo

Apr-29

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said...

The link went to a thread that is just more climate change denial crap.

Do you even recall your original question?

PTG (anotherPTG)

Apr-29

katiek2 said:

BTW, what is a "redneck"?

In Britain the Cambridge Dictionary definition states: "a poor, white person without education, esp. one living in the countryside in the southern US, who is believed to have prejudiced ideas and beliefs. This word is usually considered offensive." People from the white South sometimes jocularly call themselves "rednecks" as insider humour.

By the 1970s, the term had become offensive slang, its meaning expanded to include racism, loutishness, and opposition to modern ways.

Patrick Huber, in his monograph A Short History of Redneck: The Fashioning of a Southern White Masculine Identity, emphasized the theme of masculinity in the 20th-century expansion of the term, noting, "The redneck has been stereotyped in the media and popular culture as a poor, dirty, uneducated, and racist Southern white man."

ElDotardo

Apr-29

The difference between a benign dictionary definition and most Never Trumpers' meaning . . . 

what trump supporters look like - Almost Politically Correct ...

Collage Liberal - Trump Supporter? | College Liberal | Know Your Meme

Coontext is all.

Di (amina046)

Apr-29

They also call them “trailer trash”.

ElDotardo

Apr-29

Then again, I've been called far worse . . . often right here in this forum *chuckle* . . .

Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson for April 30, 1986 | Calvin ...

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Apr-29

Yes.

Did you have issues with the CDC and WHO before Trump told you they were bad?

Of course! The WHO believes in science!

And science is the enemy of climate change denial.

Now I get it.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Apr-29

"Support Trump?  You're a xenophobic, sexist misogynist racist."

Just to be clear, Diverse City is infested with memes that spew hatred for Muslims, female senators (especially the "squad"), black people and rape victims, while throwing in the occasional bikini babe with a gun.

So... I guess you called it.