Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Race Protests in the US   America - all of it

Started May-30 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 17815 views.
BerrySteph

May-30

Moved to the Berry's Hijack Hijinks thread 

CzoeMC

May-30

You can get me to comment by starting a thread about it. Invite me. Or direct me to one you already have going.

Meanwhile, stay on topic please, this is a current event, happening in real live time NOW!  I have been watching the burning and fires in the neighborhoods, right here, right now, on this actual night, and for the past few days.

We are having enough angst, and current fear for our city and the peaceful people who reside there, and don't need you bringing up past horrors at the moment.

bml00

May-30

Exactly.

An innocent man is dead (I presume innocence) , the officer has been charged with 3rd degree Murder (I have no idea what that is) .

The rioting will not bring back Floyd , it will not stop criminals shooting at the police and it wont stop the isolated killing of an innocent man .

Unfortunately the Police likes all armies in a war they have demonized elements within their community.

Sadly this will not end as we all know

BM

CzoeMC

May-30

Well, not exactly "innocent", he had some troubles in his home town of Houston TX, but was reforming his life, here in MN. His alleged crime was to buy a pack of cigs with a fake $20 bill. Who knows if he even knew it was counterfeit? The clerk did his/her job, and called police, and he died for it.

That poor clerk must feel awful about the terrible outcome.

In reply toRe: msg 22
CzoeMC

May-30

The people in the residential areas are surrounded by smoke from the burning buildings that the firefighters can't get to. The are trapped in their homes, afraid to go out. How many of them need food and other essentials? Elderly who can't get prescriptions delivered any more, especially from the pharmacies that were ransacked.

I hope that they reach out for help early in the day, when it is more safe, but after dark, I have read their stories in the paper, they are too afraid to even sleep.

In reply toRe: msg 23
CzoeMC

May-30

My youngest lives with roommates in an apartment in Mpls, thankfully not nearby the areas involved. My parents wanted to take them all to their house in the suburbs, but they all declined because of not knowing if they might be Covid19 carriers without symptoms, and didn't want to expose her grandparents.

They feel their area, fairly close to downtown is safe from the rioting, but as the arson is spreading out further from the actual protest areas, it becomes more worrisome, but no residential properties have been targeted , as yet, but fire does spread, and with the fire dept spread so thin.....

I fear for the people in homes nearby the chaos. It is anarchy in the night, really, not protest.

*And, the areas of destruction have a majority population of black and other minority people, as are a lot of the businesses which are proudly owned by, and employed by them. Some of the best damn food I've ever eaten, and they have already suffered from the restrictions from quarantine. Now this. Some will never make it, leaving bare, burned out spaces, and "Closed" signs, and more unemployed people who want to work, but can't.

I'm sure that the skinheads traveling in groups of cars with license plates removed will be pleased. Miserable evil people like to spread misery.

• Edited May 30, 2020 5:44 am  by  CzoeMC
BerrySteph

May-30

bml00 said:

Unfortunately the Police likes all armies in a war they have demonized elements within their community.

In fairness, US police are not actively taught to believe that the brown people are terrorists and can be shot without mercy or reason.

BerrySteph

May-30

CzoeMC said:

Well, not exactly "innocent", he had some troubles in his home town of Houston TX, but was reforming his life, here in MN. His alleged crime was to buy a pack of cigs with a fake $20 bill. Who knows if he even knew it was counterfeit? The clerk did his/her job, and called police, and he died for it.

Strange that the $20 bill hasn't been displayed anywhere.

And of course, if the store itself isnt identified, then we don't even know if there was any reason for arresting and killing him.

CzoeMC

May-30

BerrySteph said:

And of course, if the store itself isnt identified, then we don't even know if there was any reason for arresting and killing him.

And of course, you have your head up your ass, as usual. The store was most clearly identified, peaceful rallies held outside of it, and the store ownership has allowed local artists to create a mural portrait of Floyd. The murder by cop was in the street, right outside the store, yah dumbshit.

Also as usual, you can't refrain from making uninformed comments, just to push your agenda. Pathetic and sad.

• Edited May 30, 2020 9:11 am  by  CzoeMC
bml00

May-30

Berry is a racist single minded idiot

BM