Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Promote away!   Promote Your Forum!

Started 6/15/17 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 17037 views.
MEDDLY

Jun-23

Beats me, I only have dogs...

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jun-24

I'll leave your snarky comments about my intellect aside.

I have told you repeatedly that I have no interest in blog posts about climate change denial, but you keep posting them to me.  Same goes for gun control.  I can't stop you posting them, but you can't force me to read them.

I always have the filter set to "Unread to Me", yet it still shows one unread post in a discussion of over TEN thousand.

I have also gone into advanced settings to find ALL posts to me, yet that filter does not remove them once they are read and I cannot change it.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jun-24

Have you accidentally "followed" a discussion?

Are they all for the same thread, or spread out over different topics?

RRBud

Jun-24

Hello Jen, thank you for the quick response.

No, these are not from discussions or threads that I follow, and yes, they seem to be scattered across a fairly wide number of different discussions, most of which I'd never looked at.

Interesting glitch, continuing through this morning.  I'll be sure to let you know what happens, if they continue, if they go away, whatever.

Take care, stay safe!

~RRBud

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jun-25

Any way you can post a screen shot?

Are you getting email notifications?

RRBud

Jun-25

Good morning, Jen!

As a Delphi BASIC user, I can't post graphics or actual screen shots, however I think I can post something useful - I hope.

. . . no, didn't work.  Okay, Plan B - - -

Diverse City                            Message Notification from Diverse City                              3:43 AM    (This is a typical notification.)

Coalition of the Confused    Message Notification from Coalition of the Confused    12:43 AM    (This was your message to me.)

Delphi Forums                        New Reply in Coalition of the Confused                            12:47 AM   (This is typical of the posts NOT to me.)

Of those posts NOT to me, they are from a wide selection of topics or threads, obviously not intended for me.  On opening the notification above, here is the (colored and highlighted for your convenience) text:

Instant Alert from Delphi Forums

This is an Instant Alert of a reply to the discussion Okay, Karen in Coalition of the Confused.
From: Jenifer (Zarknorph) | To: PTG (anotherPTG) | today at 12:46 AM
Read the message and others in the same discussion.
Turn on full-text Instant Alerts (scroll down to "Full-text Notifications" option at the bottom of the page)

I have no idea why I'm getting these notifications, because I've only checked willingness to receive posts "to me."  I wonder if other people have been getting similar batches of notifications not to them.

I hope this can help you or your Webmaster, it's beyond my areas of knowledge.

Anyway, good luck with this, and I hope you have a good day!

~RRBud

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jun-26

OK, You may have accidentally started following the discussion.

Up the top there is a star.

If that star is GREEN, you have "subscribed" to the discussion.

To "Unfollow", click the star (do it either way to see if you are following anything you are sent to)...

Then select "unfollow".

Also, any Delphi basic member can post pictures.

If you have a PC, I can talk you through it.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jun-26

RRBud said:

Delphi Forums New Reply in Coalition of the Confused 12:47 AM (This is typical of the posts NOT to me.)

This looks like you've followed a topic.

RRBud

Jun-26

Hello Jen,

Before I got to your note, I'd already deleted the notifications that were not "to me," so I'll have to wait until tomorrow - probably - before being able to follow your very clear instructions.  I'll be sure to let you know what I find.

Hope you having a good weekend!

~RRB