Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.
776 messages in 15 discussions
Latest May-27 by Lathyrus (PeePhobia)
5049 messages in 116 discussions
Latest May-26 by ElDotardo
Latest May-21 by NISSY (NISSY2)
Latest May-8 by NISSY (NISSY2)
1692 messages in 108 discussions
Latest May-2 by Lana (Redneckbab1)
I've got the sense that not many here want to face the breaking stories which link the Obama Administration to the attempted coup. On the other hand, it is just possible that due to the media's concerted efforts to spike these stories, they remain completely in the dark.
Who to blame? Leftist propagandists in the media, or Leftist willing dupes worldwide?
Jenifer (Zarknorph) said...
How satisfying - another one led to the light!
Both sides believe that is what they are trying to do.
Unfortunately the choice you have is Trump or Biden.
It's Giant Douche vs Turd Sandwich all over again.
False choice. . .
OR . . .
They have been very carefully taught. They refuse to listen to anything other than mainstream because no one else in their crowd does. They make their choices based on emotion, on what fe-e-e-els good rather than what is necessary. They will NEVER change their minds. There are not many independent thinkers left.
A new book may help bring the answer into focus, and it's written from the perspective of a Leftist, although I dare say our hostess here might not agree with his conclusions . . .
The political divide in America is usually articulated in the language of political philosophy, but some important answers to the problems of political philosophy have been answered by science. We owe a debt of gratitude to Jonathan Haidt for his splendid book The Righteous Mind: Why Good People are Divided by Politics and Religion.
Haidt uses the metaphor of taste buds to explain how the most important human values can be reduced to six flavors or foundations, regardless of history, culture, or socioeconomic status. Extensive cross-cultural empirical evidence supports his claims. Our values are like taste buds because they are part of our organism (we have a physical receptor for sweetness), yet our particular circumstances shape how we experience them. To the dismay of many American tourists, ketchup in Latin America is too sweet.
Here are the six value foundations:
1. Care: This foundation is based on attachment theory and the instinct of mothers to protect their children, but this sentiment can be transferred to strangers as well. Whereas liberals (supposedly) bestow this on all innocent victims around the world, conservatives bestow this primarily on those who have sacrificed for their group.
2. Fairness: This foundation is based on proportionality and the law of karma, but this sentiment can be transferred to strangers as well. Whereas liberals equate fairness with rewards and equal outcomes, conservatives equate fairness with proportion, reward, or punishment, even if it guarantees unequal outcomes.
3. Loyalty: This foundation is based on our need to meet the adaptive challenge of forming cohesive coalitions, to include identifying team players and traitors. Whereas liberals (supposedly) tend toward universalism or globalism, at least in the abstract, conservatives tend toward concrete nationalism.
4. Authority: This foundation is based on the benefits of respecting authority or hierarchical relationships, which includes the burden of responsibility and should not be confused with power. Whereas liberals often define themselves in opposition to this (unless they are in charge), conservatives tend to embrace it.
5. Sanctity: This foundation is based on a conflict between neophilia (attraction to new things) and neophobia (fear of new things), as it relates to food and sanitation, but extends to people and society. Whereas liberals sanctify organic food or clean energy, conservatives sanctify religion, guns, and flags.
6. Liberty: This foundation is based on the challenge of avoiding domination in groups and often conflicts with the authority foundation. Whereas liberals (supposedly) support equality for underdogs, victims, and powerless groups everywhere, conservatives support liberty for their group.
In addition to the evidence-based research on these six value foundations, Haidt's research also reveals how liberals and conservatives view them. Liberals prioritize care, liberty, and fairness, in that order, but have limited interest in or even disdain for loyalty, authority, and sanctity. The most sacred value for liberals is care for victims of oppression. On the other hand, conservatives respect and embrace all six foundations because all six are essential for a meaningful life and a functioning society. The most sacred value for conservatives is preserving the institutions and traditions that sustain a moral community.The science of value foundations demonstrates that the conservative position is "corre
I haven't seen any stories about it.
Can you provide a link to a trusted news site that is not a far right wing conspiracy blog?
I think conservative thought has a strong basis in fear.
Fear of the unknown, strangers, neighbours, sexuality, women...
But mostly it is a fear of losing power over others.
The real goal was to trap him. Remember, the FBI didn’t need to ask Mr. Flynn what he’d said to the Russian ambassador; they had a recording. The only reason for an interview was to coax Mr. Flynn into saying something at odds with that transcript. They worked hard at it. Then-Director James Comey has previously bragged that the FBI went around the White House legal counsel to make sure Mr. Flynn had no lawyer present.
Of course they entrapped him. It worked, he lied to them and was punished for it. Its what LE does all the time in the US.
You're only upset about it because it exposes the near-certainty that the Russians interfered with the disastrous Trump election.
None of these proves Ms. Reade’s accusations, but the accounts do make them harder to ignore. And it highlights the troubling double standard between how sexual assault charges against Brett Kavanaugh were treated and how the same people are now treating assault accusations against Mr. Biden.
So you have a corrupt system that doesn't investigate crimes. Didn't do it for Kavanaugh, isn't going to do it for Biden.
Why don't you fix it instead of waving it as a political weapon?
You now have a Supreme Court Judge who can be blackmailed and you'll soon have a President the same.
Must be what you want.
Oct. 3, 2018 - WASHINGTON — More than 40 people with potential information into the sexual misconduct allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh have not been contacted by the FBI ... not contacted dozens of potential corroborators or character witnesses.
A senior U.S. official and two other sources briefed on the details of the FBI investigation confirmed to NBC news ... that it's unlikely agents will be allowed to interview many, if any, additional witnesses before the probe wraps up this week.
... nearly 20 people with potential information about Dr. Ford's allegation that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her while the two were in high school, including Ford herself, have not been interviewed by federal investigators ... According to people familiar with the names on the list, none of them have yet been interviewed by the FBI.
Julie Swetnick, who has accused Kavanaugh of being at parties where boys took turns having sex with inebriated girls in high school, has not been interviewed by the FBI https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/dozens-potential-sources-information-have-not-been-contacted-fbi-kavanaugh-n916146