Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Is it 2020 yet?   America - all of it

Started 11/19/18 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 34709 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

11/26/19

You're not the only one.

In reply toRe: msg 166
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

12/5/19

In reply toRe: msg 167
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

12/8/19

PLEASE watch this video, and tell me if you have noticed something distinctive about those who spend the most time lining up to vote.

Voting On Tuesday - How Is This Still A Thing?: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO)

Tuesday voting is highly inconvenient, so why do we still do it? Connect with Last Week Tonight online... Subscribe to the Last Week Tonight YouTube channel ...

PTG (anotherPTG)

12/8/19

Those lining up to vote!

Well it could a biased "line" as most folks in this one do not have white faces or wear "suits"

Give me an example of a line in Washington DC for comparison

BerrySteph

12/8/19

PTG (anotherPTG) said:

Well it could a biased "line" as most folks in this one do not have white faces or wear "suits"

Immediately striking of the clips from Mississipi.

PTG (anotherPTG) said:

Give me an example of a line in Washington DC for comparison

I'd like to see that too - do people in Washington have to spend hours in voting lines? Or is there some kind of glaring disparity?

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

12/9/19

Washington DC has a very large black population, actually.

Di (amina046)

12/9/19

BerrySteph

12/9/19

Di (amina046) said:

NATO conference canceled after US ambassador Carla Sands blocks speaker critical of Trump Stanley Sloan said he was told the U.S. Embassy "vetoed my participation due to my critical evaluation of Trump's impact on transatlantic relations."

Wow.

NATO conference canceled after US ambassador Carla Sands blocks speaker critical of Trump

Dec 9, 2019 - A conference celebrating the 70th anniversary of NATO was canceled after the U.S. ambassador to Denmark, Carla Sands, objected to a speaker who has made statements critical of President Donald Trump, the Danish think tank co-sponsoring the event announced Sunday. 

Stanley Sloan, a former CIA analyst and author of "Defense of the West," had planned to deliver an address on the challenges facing the transatlantic alliance, and the West in general, at the conference, which was scheduled to take place Tuesday at the U.S. Embassy in Copenhagen. 

A day before Sloan left for Denmark, he said he was informed by the Danish Atlantic Council that the U.S. Embassy "vetoed my participation due to my critical evaluation of Trump's impact on transatlantic relations." 

"Stunned and concerned about my country," Sloan said in a tweet. 

The next day, the Danish Atlantic Council announced the conference had been canceled altogether. 

Di (amina046)

12/11/19

Msg 735.175 deleted