Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Australian Culture and History   Australia and Oceania

Started 7/13/19 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 16341 views.
ElDotardo

11/2/19

I can understand the need - warmism kills (or at least maims) . . .

Australia: 'No one listened and then someone died': Fisherman explains why he NEVER lets his family swim in the ocean as the number of hungry, killer sharks increases

Greenie protection of sharks responsible

Fishermen have warned more people will be killed following an explosion in Queensland's shark population and a string of attacks in the water.

Two British backpackers have this week been mauled near Airlie Beach as they snorkelled in the Whitsundays.

Alistair Raddon, 28, had his right foot bitten off as his friend Danny Maggs, 22, copped a leg bite on Tuesday morning.

The shark attacks occurred only a month after Queensland's Labor government removed more than 160 drumlines from 27 beaches.

This followed a Federal Court ruling which ordered the end of shark culling in the Great Barrier Reef.

Nathan Rynn, a Townsville-based commercial net fisherman who operates between Cardwell and Bowen, near Airlie Beach, said surging shark numbers would cause more fatal attacks in the water.

'We've got a catastrophe waiting to happen,' he told Daily Mail Australia on Friday. 'If the government doesn't place some more protection over tourists, swimmers and recreational users, there's going to be more and more of these deaths every year because their numbers are exploding and they're getting hungry.'

Mr Rynn is so worried about predatory sharks in the murky waters of north Queensland he advises his own children to stay out of the water in Townsville.
'Once upon a time, I would have taken them to the local beaches here,' he said.

'If I see mothers or fathers with their kids running down into the water, and they're a fair distance off the beach, I go and tell them, "If I was you, I'd get your kids out".'

David Swindells, a commercial fisherman based at Yeppoon in central Queensl
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
BerrySteph

11/2/19

Fishermen have warned more people will be killed following an explosion in Queensland's shark population and a string of attacks in the water.

I don't believe you.

Something very, very surprising would have had to happen for there to be any such "explosion".

Nor would it surprise me to discover that your photos are not what they seem.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

11/3/19

What the "greenies" oppose is drum lines.

They are a brutal, unnecessarily painful and drawn out way for anything to die.

Yes, keep sharks away from the beaches.

But there are better ways to do it that don't involve a shark hanging from a hook for three days slowly dying.

ElDotardo

11/3/19

Of course you don't, but that's not MY problem . . . 

Desperate Efforts to Drag the Climate Change Drought Narrative Back on Track

Link between climate change and drought

h/t JoNova – a slide from Professor Pitman’s presentation in June 2019

Guest essay by Eric Worrall

Aussie Climate Scientists are rushing to fill the breach caused by Professor Andy Pitman’s stunning admission there is no long term drying trend in drought prone Australia.

The science of drought is complex but the message on climate change is clear
October 31, 2019 2.40pm AEDT

Ben Henley Research Fellow in Climate and Water Resources, University of Melbourne

Andrew King ARC DECRA fellow, University of Melbourne

Anna Ukkola Research Fellow, Australian National University

Murray Peel Senior lecturer, University of Melbourne

Q J Wang Professor, University of Melbourne

Rory Nathan Associate Professor Hydrology and Water Resources, University of Melbourne

The issue of whether Australia’s current drought is caused by climate change has been seized on by some media commentators, with debate raging over a remark from eminent scientist 
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
  • Edited November 3, 2019 8:21 am  by  ElDotardo
ElDotardo

11/3/19

Fine by me, but as I've demonstrated to a fare-thee-well in that forum in which you fear to tread, Warmists Hate Humanity.

Image result for shark attack gif

BerrySteph

11/3/19

ElDotardo said:

Of course you don't, but that's not MY problem . . . 

Drought has nothing whatsoever to do with your claimed shark attacks.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

11/4/19

ElDotardo said:

in that forum in which you fear to tread...

Stop baiting me.

I've had enough of bullies this week.  Real life ones.

I was told I was not welcome there.  I am merely respecting your wishes.

ElDotardo

11/7/19

Make all the excuses you like, but I never disinvited you from participating at DiverseCity, and anyone who did was acting on their own misguided notions.

OTH, I understand why you might want to avoid being challenged and/or facing uncomfortable ideas . . . or, of course, my terrible, horrible, triggering and insufferable memes . . .

Thumbnail

Still, I appreciate hearing from those who hold different opinions. Even BerrySteph's *chuckle*! So, you're always welcome.