Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

UK News - General   The U.K and Europe

Started 7/16/19 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 46717 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

May-12

Oh, he is brilliant!

In reply toRe: msg 341
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

May-12

bml00

May-12

IF the economy can not be refloated then there is looming the possibility of a violent reaction as people will not receive benefits and institutions will collapse you would have the recipe for anarchy

BM

adwil

May-12

bml00 said:

"IF the economy can not be refloated then there is looming the possibility of a violent reaction as people will not receive benefits and institutions will collapse you would have the recipe for anarchy"

Always possible but I suspect that doom scenario will be avoided. However I'll be keeping my eye on police and military recruitment figures. 

bml00

May-12

If there is a 2nd wave as predicted and a longer lock down is put into place , then more jobs will be lost , entire industries are going vanish, Pubs / Clubs / Travel Agents / Many Retailers are almost on the wall now / how can the fashion business cope with millions of garments seasonally wrong waiting to be shipped or delivered to stores not able to open  / who will feel safe for the near future in a restaurants ?

It does not take more than an hungry group of people to ignite things , I will guess deep in the bowels of Whitehall there are many a scenario being mulled over .

Dont reckon seeing Mrs.Queen for the next few months either , she is more than likely locked in her bank vaults (Coutts )

BM

adwil

May-12

bml00 said:

Dont reckon seeing Mrs.Queen

She's at Windsor. Charles is in Scotland. William is in Norfolk. No doubt all well protected. And isolated acc. the rules. 

The second wave (and future waves) are a potential problem unless a vaccine or a treatment is found. 

The solution is to test large numbers regularly so that anyone with the virus and their family and anyone they've been in contact with, go into (forced) isolation until they're clear of infection.

As for industry, some small concerns haven't closed down, just worked acc. the rules. Big concerns will re-open. Nissan restart car production on June 1st. (They've been busy making PPE for the last month or two.)

There's a fortune to be made by the many companies that have moved into producing PPE, sanitisers and cleaning gear. Every industry and business will need a regular supply to keep their workers safe. I think Whitehall and the NHS have realised we can't rely on other countries.

Pubs, clubs and restaurants will eventually re-open but holidays abroad will be a real problem this year especially if people have to go into isolation for a fortnight when they return.

Of course, everyone could take their holiday in Ireland. There's no quarantine between the countries. Nor is there between Britain and France. So there are holiday possibilities.

There'll be lots of problems ahead but with good will and a bit of luck we'll survive.

Stay safe.

bml00

May-12

Sir,

An excellent reply

BM

adwil

May-12

Thank you, though I have to correct what I wrote about travel to Ireland.  If you enter by flight or ferry, you have to self isolate. If you enter from N. Ireland, you don't.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

May-13

I hope they find the sack of crap who did this.

In reply toRe: msg 349
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

May-14