Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

UK News - General   The U.K and Europe

Started 7/16/19 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 55562 views.
adwil

5/12/20

bml00 said:

Dont reckon seeing Mrs.Queen

She's at Windsor. Charles is in Scotland. William is in Norfolk. No doubt all well protected. And isolated acc. the rules. 

The second wave (and future waves) are a potential problem unless a vaccine or a treatment is found. 

The solution is to test large numbers regularly so that anyone with the virus and their family and anyone they've been in contact with, go into (forced) isolation until they're clear of infection.

As for industry, some small concerns haven't closed down, just worked acc. the rules. Big concerns will re-open. Nissan restart car production on June 1st. (They've been busy making PPE for the last month or two.)

There's a fortune to be made by the many companies that have moved into producing PPE, sanitisers and cleaning gear. Every industry and business will need a regular supply to keep their workers safe. I think Whitehall and the NHS have realised we can't rely on other countries.

Pubs, clubs and restaurants will eventually re-open but holidays abroad will be a real problem this year especially if people have to go into isolation for a fortnight when they return.

Of course, everyone could take their holiday in Ireland. There's no quarantine between the countries. Nor is there between Britain and France. So there are holiday possibilities.

There'll be lots of problems ahead but with good will and a bit of luck we'll survive.

Stay safe.

bml00

5/12/20

Sir,

An excellent reply

BM

adwil

5/12/20

Thank you, though I have to correct what I wrote about travel to Ireland.  If you enter by flight or ferry, you have to self isolate. If you enter from N. Ireland, you don't.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

5/13/20

I hope they find the sack of crap who did this.

In reply toRe: msg 349
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

5/14/20

adwil

5/14/20

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Belly Mujinga dies 14 days after a member of the public, who said he had COVID-19, spat and coughed at her and a colleague on the concourse of London's Victoria station.

Very sad. She didn't report it so it may no longer be on CCTV. 

BerrySteph

5/14/20

Interpol issues a red notice for the wife of a US diplomat who is wanted in Britain over a 2019 car crash that killed a 19-year-old.

We don't often notice that we're under occupation.

BerrySteph

5/14/20

adwil said:

There's a fortune to be made by the many companies that have moved into producing PPE, sanitisers and cleaning gear.

No thanks to our government, which appears to have rejected offers of help and supplies from manufacturers.

BerrySteph

5/14/20

adwil said:

Thank you, though I have to correct what I wrote about travel to Ireland.  If you enter by flight or ferry, you have to self isolate. If you enter from N. Ireland, you don't.

Blimey - you've heard something I'd not heard.

If we weren't still hard at work and could see far enough forward, we might have jumped at that.

BerrySteph

5/14/20

Rail unions in England threaten to stop train services in order to protect workers and passengers after commuters cram onto public transport across London on the first day of eased coronavirus measures.

Sad business - a lot of damage has been done to the reputation of the UK government.