autogun

Military Guns and Ammunition

Hosted by autogun

This is intended for people interested in the subject of military guns and their ammunition, with emphasis on automatic weapons, particularly in larger calibres (12.7+mm).

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

.338 MiniGun   Small Arms <20mm

Started 19-May by gatnerd; 2956 views.
In reply toRe: msg 58
Mr. T (MrT4)

5-Jun

HMG pods on light air craft probably don't see much action besides some drug interdiction , plane simply has to come to close for comfort to be effective. But .338 definetly makes sense over 7.62mm

1x 4barrel minigun YAkB 12,7mm + 2 x 4barrel minigun GShG 7,62mm  (9-A-624) 750rds for 12,7 and 2x 1700 rds for 7,62 , these pods never seen as much action as the ones with cannons an Hinds are used realy in nap of the earth flight and close in fight that you will not see Supertucano or Airtractor any time soon .

QuintusO

5-Jun

If I had a Tucano and a choice between the two, sure. But in reality .50 is both more economical and better.

Dasypus

9-Jun

It is the same madness that causes the incessant number of new cartridges in civilian sporting weapons.  It is a desperate attempt to create a new market in a world already awash in choices. The arms industry is beginning to look like the female fashion industry.

QuintusO

9-Jun

Ding ding ding ding ding!

Farmplinker

9-Jun

Yeah, but I want the models to look like Victoria's Secret models; not tatted neckbeards.stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

In reply toRe: msg 63
graylion

23-Jun

I could see a .338 minigun, but aas replacement for the 7.62 minigun, nothing else.