autogun

Military Guns and Ammunition

Hosted by autogun

This is intended for people interested in the subject of military guns and their ammunition, with emphasis on automatic weapons, particularly in larger calibres (12.7+mm).

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

revolver six shooter   Non-military topics

Started 18-Jul by Masx (Bobxxx); 670 views.
Masx (Bobxxx)

18-Jul

Hello. I know this is the wrong forum but can't find what I was looking for.  It is about a revolver weapon, that would use a 6 bullet cartridge. This is for a writing project I am doing.

I THINK, if I was looking at a six shooter aimed at me, (imagine Roy Rogers type gun) I would be able to see at least two parts of the cartridge each side to see if there were bullets there. The top and bottom would not be visible of course, but could a sharp eye, say from across the room, see four empty parts as holes if empty, or four actual bullets if full?

Thanks if anyone could answer this. I THINK I am right but don't want to be wrong.

I know this is not often the view one would see.

Thanks again

Bobxxx

Red7272

18-Jul

Masx (Bobxxx) said:

I THINK, if I was looking at a six shooter aimed at me, (imagine Roy Rogers type gun) I would be able to see at least two parts of the cartridge each side to see if there were bullets there. The top and bottom would not be visible of course, but could a sharp eye, say from across the room, see four empty parts as holes if empty, or four actual bullets if full?

Yes, the cylinder rotates as the trigger is pulled so you would be able to see the chamber that is about to go under the hammer.