autogun

Military Guns and Ammunition

Hosted by autogun

This is intended for people interested in the subject of military guns and their ammunition, with emphasis on automatic weapons.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NGSW evaluation update   Small Arms <20mm

Started 31-Jul by autogun; 10121 views.
DavidPawley

25-Oct

I think I saw the SIG AR in there too.

*edit* No, it was the Textron.

Interesting that both the Textron and GDLS AR and carbine were shown being tested, but not the SIG. It could be coincidence, I guess.

autogun

16-Jan

Some info on TFB concerning the SIG NGSW.

gatnerd

0:46

Was just going to post the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlrBEEG__1E

-Recoil looks stiff, but not unmanageable

-6.8 Spear backwards compatible with 7.62

-SIG guy claims to have already received Gov't orders for the rifle / LMG 

-6.8 Case not only higher pressure, but also holds +1gr of powder capacity due to thinner case walls at the base (similar to Shell Shock.)

nincomp

1:38

I am not so sure about this thing.  Did you see what it has done to that fellow's mustache?? :0

Seriously though, I would like more people to shoot it and give their opinions.  It reminds me of the film clips of the M14 that appeared to show that it was easily controllable in full auto fire.   The average soldier did not do so well with it though.

• Edited Today at 1:47  by  nincomp
gatnerd

2:53

Oh man, that mustache... someones gotta let him know thats not a good look.

In regards to controllability, I assume it will be better then the M14, simply due to having an inline stock (to reduce muzzle climb) and has a suppressor (which reduces recoil by ~33%.)

But it still looks pretty brisk. 

autogun

5:48

gatnerd said:

-SIG guy claims to have already received Gov't orders for the rifle / LMG 

Since the Army will be thoroughly testing the guns and ammunition, they must indeed have placed orders for trial quantities.