gatnerd

Military Guns and Ammunition

Hosted by gatnerd

This is intended for people interested in the subject of military guns and their ammunition, with emphasis on automatic weapons.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

LMAO Germany adopts an AR-15   Small Arms <20mm

Started 14/9/20 by QuintusO; 35342 views.
Msg 7720.102 deleted
Farmplinker

5/3/21

So you folks are going to adopt 6.8 Bleedmoor as well if we do?

graylion

5/3/21

We're an opposition party, but if I get my druthers, yes. I really dislike 5.56. If yet again nothing happens, I might argue 6.5 Grendel.

In reply toRe: msg 104
Mr. T (MrT4)

25/4/21

Patent infringement party is getting more amusing by the day.

Now it seems Magpul alleged HK infringed on its patent with Gen3 poly mag , HK had the claims revived by patent attorneys and says that is not the case while Magpul doesn't agree with the findings .

It seems BW is seriously considering Plan B ,which is to uprade the G36 

https://soldat-und-technik.de/2021/04/bewaffnung/26773/system-sturmgewehr-bundeswehr-neue-unklarheiten-bei-patentrechten/

gatnerd

26-Apr

Good grief. 

Thanks for the update. 

I'm curious how the latest version of the G36 is as a rifle:

Height over bore looks pretty brutal through.

roguetechie

26-Apr

Weight is going to be even worse...

I sincerely hope that this isn't what happens. The Germans are on the whole shitty allies but even they don't deserve this.

Farmplinker

26-Apr

Looks kinda like the new .22 from Standard Manufacturing. A few changes to it and they'll have a .22 plinker version of HK's newest rifle before HK does!

In reply toRe: msg 106
Mr. T (MrT4)

27-Apr

There are a couple of G36 upgrade options out there , and HK could count on further business upgrading other client's G36 in the future. Kinda wonder what happened to XM-8 tooling and IP as it doesn't seem it will ever show in production in any iteration. 

The proposed WILCOX FUSION System for the Steyr G36 Upgrade programme is a lightweight integrated modular forend, powered by a single CR123 battery, forming one holistic solution incorporating a Reflex Sight, Red Visible Laser, IR Laser, Fixed IR Illuminator and a SureFire dual spectrum head giving both white and infrared light. The system is designed to integrate into commonly used weapon accessories and the all-in-one modular system can be adjusted on the fly and controlled ambidextrously by the shooter. There is one single precision adjuster for each plane (windage and elevation) and a Trajectory Switch adjusts POA/POI for two pre-set firing solutions. A dual battery management system features primary and reserve supply. A x3 magnifier kit is available as an option.

Mr. T (MrT4)

27-Apr

When it comes to height over bore nothing exceeds current G36 with a Red dot on top of the rail.