gatnerd

Military Guns and Ammunition

Hosted by gatnerd

This is intended for people interested in the subject of military guns and their ammunition, with emphasis on automatic weapons.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Autocannon Book   General Military Discussion

Started 21/4/21 by Barnowlgreen; 15075 views.
autogun

29/7/21

Right - what I meant was that UK Amazon is only offering a Kindle version. Presumably a hard copy will follow...

Barnowlgreen

5/8/21

Hi,

On the Crowood press site you can now order the book-

In reply toRe: msg 14
Barnowlgreen

16/8/21

Hi,

Just got an email from Crowood Press saying the publication date has changed to 21st November.

autogun

16/8/21

Thanks - that's a relief!

In reply toRe: msg 16
autogun

19/1/22

The publication date has now slipped to March, due to production problems Crowood is having.

Farmplinker

19/1/22

You're in good company! Ian Mccollum's Chinese pistol book is also moved back to March. Hopefully, Max's book on Russian rifles doesn't get any delays.

DeltaKilo

19/1/22

Farmplinker said:

Max's book on Russian rifles

Who is "Max" ? 

JPeelen

19/1/22

Max Popenker is a frequent, well regarded contributor to this forum.   

DeltaKilo

20/1/22

Thank you. Any more information about the book? 

I am currently working on my collector's report on
"Handguns and rifles carried by Russian and Soviet troops until 26 December 1991 - excluding full automatic". 

Basically, a list of all Tsarist, White Guard and Soviet revolvers, pistols and carbines incl. their respective variants (places of manufacture, modifications, etc.).
I need this to get a collectors licence in Germany.

So I'm interested in all books about Russian guns.  wink

mpopenker

20/1/22

DeltaKilo said:

"Handguns and rifles carried by Russian and Soviet troops until 26 December 1991 - excluding full automatic".

That's a bold try. I wonder how in-depth and extensive this would be, because there were some really obscure weapons, even excluding full automatic

as for my upcoming book, I really hope it would be published toward the end of this year, but so far I have no firm date.

Some details can be found here: https://www.headstamppublishing.com/avtomat-book