gatnerd

Military Guns and Ammunition

Hosted by gatnerd

This is intended for people interested in the subject of military guns and their ammunition, with emphasis on automatic weapons.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

For Your Amusement   General Army topics

Started 15/9/21 by stancrist; 44155 views.
schnuersi

31-Oct

gatnerd said:

However I think in terms of 'used in pretty intense wars 100 years later' the Mosin is still representing the hardest.

That is entirly dependent on how you define in use.

The Mauser 98 system is the base for most modern bolt action rifles. The Remington 700 is technically a version of the Mauser 98 as are many other rifles. Civillian and for military applications. There are even militaries who still have the K98k in its inventory. This includes the German armed forces.

The big advantage of original or like original layout Mosins is the simple fact that the cartidge they use is still in mass production and easily available. Which is not true for 7,92x57 and .303.

farmplinker2

9-Nov

We triumphed because we had hotter anime girls!

smg762

9-Nov

how do rimmed ammo like .22 or 762 russian feed reliably from magazines?   how does the feeding compare with western mags

farmplinker2

11-Nov

Make sure rims of the top cartridge are ahead of the rim of the cartridge below it.

Mr. T (MrT4)

11-Nov

Never used a mag feed bolt action smother than Enfield , rimed .303

farmplinker2

13-Nov

Ever use a Krag? Better than any of the few Enfields I have handled. Tbf, the Enfields were in rougher shape.

In reply toRe: msg 246
gatnerd

13-Nov

Simpler times 

• Edited 13 November 2023 7:23  by  gatnerd
schnuersi

13-Nov

gatnerd said:

Simpler times

indeed

allthough I would really like to see the faces of the people form the MoD and military if a company would pitch this with a demonstration nowadays.