gatnerd

Military Guns and Ammunition

Hosted by gatnerd

This is intended for people interested in the subject of military guns and their ammunition, with emphasis on automatic weapons.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Australian NGSW   General Military Discussion

Started 5-Nov by Gr1ff1th; 2758 views.
Gr1ff1th

5-Nov

Just saw this, It looks like the Australians are working on their own 6.8 NGSW type cartridge and gun, also something about moving away from "traditional brass", I don't know exactly what means, maybe a TV style case?

https://ibb.co/4dvgHW7

• Edited 05 November 2021 2:46  by  Gr1ff1th
gatnerd

5-Nov

Great find.

I'll try and get the picture to load larger so its easier for folks to read:

stancrist

5-Nov

Anyone else wondering just how they expect to put a top-mounted drum magazine on a bullpup?  hushed

Gr1ff1th

5-Nov

I'm just going to assume the author meant bottom-mounted, It seems like an error to me

EmericD

5-Nov

I really don't want to be the poor guy that will have to use a bullpup rifle with such a long LoP.

Are they planning to enlist only guys taller than 180 cm?

RovingPedant

5-Nov

EmericD said...

I really don't want to be the poor guy that will have to use a bullpup rifle with such a long LoP.

The LoP is adjustable, by the look of things. The pistol grip is on an accessory rail.

Gr1ff1th

5-Nov

I missed that, good catch, I wonder how that would actually function in the real version though

RovingPedant

5-Nov

Either the linkage is adjustable or it’s electric, though both raise further questions.

In either case, it would need to be a very neat system that can stand the pistol grip being removed but not be susceptible to other things being placed on the rail. Locking out the trigger with a downgrip or causing it to fire by turning the flashlight on would be embarrassing. 

stancrist

6-Nov

I know that magazine writers can make some pretty dumb mistakes, but it's difficult to imagine one mistaking top for bottom...