gatnerd

Military Guns and Ammunition

Hosted by gatnerd

This is intended for people interested in the subject of military guns and their ammunition, with emphasis on automatic weapons.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New PSA Rock 5.7X28 Pistol w/ 23rd magazine   Small Arms <20mm

Started 19-Jan by gatnerd; 2299 views.
gatnerd

19-Jan

One of the cooler new product releases for 2022:

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/palmetto-state-armory-5-7mm-handgun-dagger-shot-show-2022/

Most interesting is that they've managed to squeeze 23rds into the magazine vs the previous 20 found in the FN FsN and Ruger57. 

And at $499-$550 depending on model, its 1/2 the price of the FN FsN.

Reportedly, PSA will begin manufacturing 5.7x28 ammo later this year, although I will believe it when I see it as 5.7 is a tricky cartridge due to the special coating applied to the brass to ensure reliable function. This has stymied previous attempts for other companies. 

• Edited 19 January 2022 7:49  by  gatnerd
Farmplinker

19-Jan

PSA is supposed to start making steel case ammo in the future, too.

roguetechie

20-Jan

I'm going to buy one as soon as I can get one. It's just too neat to resist

gatnerd

21-Jan

"PSA is supposed to start making steel case ammo in the future, too."

Yeah, if that comes to fruition it will be pretty remarkable. PSA will have transformed from a online retailer of firearms accessories into Americas first Vertically Integrated firearms company, controlling everything from ammo and gun manufacturing to direct to consumer sales and marketing. 

renatohm

21-Jan

Didn't at least Remington and Winchester did it before?

gatnerd

21-Jan

The difference, and what makes PSA the first vertically integrated, is that PSA is also handling their own sales and distribution direct to the consumer. This direct to consumer model - no extra markup from distributors and gunshops - is what allows PSA to offer so much for such a low price.

Farmplinker

22-Jan

Most FFL holders will charge a fee for handling the paperwork if you order online. Usually less than the markup if they buy something and put it on the shelf, but it's still going to cost you.

roguetechie

24-Jan

My transfer guy charges $25+ ncic and there's many FFL finders online you can use to find one in your zip code.

Gunbrokers is fairly decent that's who I usually go to.