gatnerd

Military Guns and Ammunition

Hosted by gatnerd

This is intended for people interested in the subject of military guns and their ammunition, with emphasis on automatic weapons.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ukraine weapons thread   General Military Discussion

Started 24/2/22 by gatnerd; 182156 views.
JPeelen

12-Jun

I find your way of explaining away Russian war crimes (like capital punishment against POWs for having been enemy soldiers) by pointing at war crimes others committed, most disturbing.

graylion

13-Jun

schnuersi said:

Mr. T (MrT4) said: Folks are getting tired of Zelensky demanding shit as if anyone owes him orUkraine anything. Like mentioned above its not about owing UA anything and this BTW is highly controversial concidering the West ignored the danger Russia poses and by this incited Putin. Not to forget that the West basically payed for the attack. Several EU and NATO members also are threatened by Russia. It will take conciderable time for the support of UA to go down. Most important the West can not and will not allow Russia to succeed.

Actually the West and the whole world owe Ukraine assistance. Like all human beings owe those in distress and under attack assistance.

schnuersi

13-Jun

graylion said:

Like all human beings owe those in distress and under attack assistance.

That depends on personal philisophy IMHO.
I for one do not share this opinion or believe. First I would have questions like why are they in distress or why are they under attack answered. Are they friends or allies? Would they help us? Is it even possible to effectively help? etc.
Personally I am against blank checks. Just because someone is of the same species is not enough reason. But this is just me.

gatnerd

13-Jun

Mr. T (MrT4) said:

Ukraine sold of much of theirs off after initially being left with someting like 4th largest arsenal in the world. 

Apparently a huge % of the UA stockpiles were destroyed / sabotaged before the war.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/10/world/europe/ukraine-ammo-shortage-artillery.html

Even before the invasion, Ukraine’s ammunition depots had been targets for saboteurs, regularly blowing up like gigantic, lethally dangerous fireworks displays.

Spies or drones dropping incendiary devices were blamed in many cases. Between 2015 and 2019, six ammunition depots blew up in Ukraine, burning about 210,000 tons of ammo, or three times more than the Ukrainian army expended in the same time span fighting Russian-backed separatists, according to Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty.

Similar events occurred in CZ, also to prevent ammo from being transferred to Ukraine:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Vrb%C4%9Btice_ammunition_warehouses_explosions

DavidPawley

14-Jun

The events in Chechia would bear close investigation; sabotage could be casus belli* if traceable to Russia.

*Not that I'm advocating direct NATO involvement, just that once Russia crosses the line to warlike actions in NATO countries, the situation changes.

gatnerd

14-Jun

I wouldn't be surprised if the shenanigans with the arms depot has lead to an increase in enthusiasm for CZ support of Ukraine.

Farmplinker

14-Jun

I'm waiting for someone to decide they're OK on gas and oil, and take out a couple of pipelines.

gatnerd

17-Jun

Solid combat footage, using what appears to be CZ Bren 2s w/ red dots (and of course weapon mounted flashlights ;-)

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/ve8tka/battles_for_severodonetsk_foreign_legion/

graylion

20-Jun

delays in weapons deliveries

I am wondering whether the West is trickling weapons inorder to draw things out and avoid a decisive victory on either side? It is beginning to look like it :(