gatnerd

Military Guns and Ammunition

Hosted by gatnerd

This is intended for people interested in the subject of military guns and their ammunition, with emphasis on automatic weapons.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ukraine weapons thread   General Military Discussion

Started 24-Feb by gatnerd; 138484 views.
graylion

25-Jun

if the Russians don't swap barrels apparently their arty is about to be shot out - how important is that loss of precision going to be? Given that they use it as an area weapon anyway?

• Edited 25 June 2022 13:32  by  graylion
Farmplinker

25-Jun

Haven't some of the aid packages have 105 howitzers in the mix? Countries getting rid of gear they don't use.

graylion

25-Jun

eeks, what would you use 105s for? Fire and wait for c/b?? The range is horrifyingly short.

schnuersi

26-Jun

graylion said:

what would you use 105s for?

Training?
Deployment in secondary or tertiarry theatres to free more potent weapons for the main theatre?

Jeff (Jefffar)

26-Jun

Don't forget, a 105mm howitzer is better than no howitzer. 

ESOB (RStinson5)

26-Jun

I am aware that U S weapons have been sent....I  am also aware that "more is needed " ....I will post want I wanted to clarify, in the 60' surplus offers Colt 45's for $ 20 bucks....I did not luck out on this offer. I understand that early Colt's had sleeved ballels...the bearing fix was a lmprovent.  I have not forgotten one of my biggest faux pas.  At 80 plus I have many more  memories  that I cannot recall. I am a South pas and I remember that day as a teen how that checked grip felt and the kick of that "Colt".

Mr. T (MrT4)

26-Jun

Propaganda shells , i imagine these fuses are set to eject the leaflet payload at a predetermined point.

Russian BTG positioning according to Ukrainian MOD

Mr. T (MrT4)

27-Jun

GTA Ukraine , atempted snatching a BMP under fire

Meanwhile in Russia, they seem to be sending train loads of old BTS-4 recovery vehicles to the the front , like Soviet Military before it Russians never fielded numbers of armored recovery vehicles to match the size of its armored forces . Hence all the stuck and abandoned vehicles . BTS-4 is also quite limited in power vs never Brem recovery vehicles as its based on a T55 tank 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiNsr2t92NUh

Gr1ff1th

28-Jun

PzH2000 have arrived in ukraine, along with a friendly greeting to the russians

• Edited 28 June 2022 1:20  by  Gr1ff1th