gatnerd

Military Guns and Ammunition

Hosted by gatnerd

This is intended for people interested in the subject of military guns and their ammunition, with emphasis on automatic weapons.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Rifle grenades   General Military Discussion

Started 4-Aug by mpopenker; 360 views.
mpopenker

4-Aug

Hello all

Couple of questions regarding rifle grenades

1. Does France abandon those with transition to HK416F from FAMAS, and if yes, what kind of replacement is used instead of rifle grenades?

2. What other 'major players' still use / issue rifle grenades? I believe MECAR still offers a range of those.

EmericD

4-Aug

Hi Max,

France is not going to abandon rifle grenades, we are currently preparing a new acquisition for the HK416 F (which is currently allowed to shoot the AC58 PAB Mle F2 and the AP/AV 40 PAB Mle F2).

The number of manufacturers is low, I think that only Mecar, Instalaza and IMI are still producing western standard 22 mm rifle grenades.

mpopenker

4-Aug

Thanks!

I wounder if there are any photos of the 416F fitted with a rifle grenade in the public circulation,  or such combo being fired...

SiverSurfeR

4-Aug

Instalaza in Spain offers a rifle grenade in their catalog (FTV bullet trap type). I believe they are used by the Spanish "Infanteria de Marina".

https://instalaza.com/producto/granada-ftv/?lang=en

Farmplinker

4-Aug

Any of the practice grenades going to be available on the civilian market? Those would be fun to plink with!

EmericD

5-Aug

mpopenker said:

I wounder if there are any photos of the 416F fitted with a rifle grenade in the public circulation,  or such combo being fired...

I don't think that pictures were released, but I have at least a good one (firing of an AC58, somewhere in the Sahel strip), if you can wait until the end of my holidays.

mpopenker

5-Aug

There's absolutely no hurry, thank you, and have a nice vacation.