gatnerd

Military Guns and Ammunition

Hosted by gatnerd

This is intended for people interested in the subject of military guns and their ammunition, with emphasis on automatic weapons.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

LMAO Germany adopts an AR-15   Small Arms <20mm

Started 14/9/20 by QuintusO; 34594 views.
smg762

6/1/21

On a random note gatnerds,  I saw an old post in the body armour thread (page 7 I think ) where you listed some interesting links to 70s experiments and dispersion. I couldnt Download them.  ( I only have a smartphone,  no PC,  it keeps saying download failed)

would you know another way of accessing that stuff?  

Thanks

gatnerd

7/1/21

smg762 said:

On a random note gatnerds,  I saw an old post in the body armour thread (page 7 I think ) where you listed some interesting links to 70s experiments and dispersion. I couldnt Download them.  ( I only have a smartphone,  no PC,  it keeps saying download failed) would you know another way of accessing that stuff?

I have no idea; that thread is so old it would be pain to find it, and most of my posts are sourced at the time of writing, so I'm not sure what would have lead me one way or the other in terms of digging up documentation.

smg762

7/1/21

There was one reference to a guy who had figured out how to make accurate sabots,  the article was on 

http://www.realguns.com/articles/700.htm

I tried it and it asks me to subscribe for a fee

The other one was here

https://apps.dtic.mil/docs/citations/ADB006505

But it doesn't let me download... gives error messages 

I'd really love to be able to access some of that stuff

• Edited 07 January 2021 14:33  by  smg762
gatnerd

8/1/21

Seems Real Guns has gone behind paywall since when I shared it, so thats gone unless you become a member over there.

As for the other document, I downloaded it an re-uploaded it, should hopefully work for you:

https://www.docdroid.net/NCPd1Eg/sabot-article-pdf

smg762

8/1/21

Hmm I get a dark screen with a circular 'im loading,  please wait' icon. 

Clicking anything on the screen gives me pop up ads. 

It might be because I'm limited to a smartphone.  Thanks anyway

tidusyuki

13/1/21

"One thing that is a bit funny is that HK claims its gun is was copied to a degree where you can drop in Hanael bolt and bolt carrier into HK416 and it will fire and cycle as if using an original bolt, HK made a video show dissembling a Hanael rifle for parts and comparing them to HK parts"

Where can one watch the video about the disassembling, I'm so wanna see it?

"Meanwhile Hanael is of course lobbying politicians to save the deal.

Also does this suggests that H&K is "clean" in the whole bid and procurement process?

• Edited 13 January 2021 2:44  by  tidusyuki
tidusyuki

13/1/21

Not gonna lie, that RS556 is kind of cool and quite original. Aside from the weight of all that unnecessary mass, i believe it's a capable rifle.

roguetechie

13/1/21

The thing is, of course it's possible to swap parts...

Hk went out of their way to make as many parts as possible compatible with garden variety AR's.

This entire thing is hk being just unimaginably shitty, which considering their willingness to take close to 100 million dollars from the US to develop the xm25 and then said oh no we won't actually make them for you or give you the TDP because it's a war crime gun.

If you want to see what the haenel gun looks like Inside, just look at 416 disassembly videos

JPeelen

13/1/21

Oh, really?

From a European point of view it is the U.S. that, under the pretext of ITAR, is trying to collect as much as proprietary information as possible from its competitors. 

gatnerd

14/1/21

JPeelen said:

From a European point of view it is the U.S. that, under the pretext of ITAR, is trying to collect as much as proprietary information as possible from its competitors.

For small arms? I wasn't aware that there was much in the way of cutting edge proprietary info in that sphere left these days.