gatnerd

Military Guns and Ammunition

Hosted by gatnerd

This is intended for people interested in the subject of military guns and their ammunition, with emphasis on automatic weapons.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

XM-25 here we go again...   Army Guns 20+mm

Started 9/11/20 by autogun; 15581 views.
stancrist

23/11/20

gatnerd said:

...is there any reason to think that a Gustav 66mm warhead would be smaller then 66mm HE warhead on the LAW?

Depends on the design parameters.  If the 84mm 441D warhead were scaled down to 66mm, it would be a lot smaller than the 66mm M72E11 warhead.

graylion

23/11/20

I clearly have to explain it because you are too wrapped up in you sense if indignation. 

"The brass are yet again trying to fix a non existent problem, because they are assuming that the troops are too daft to use transport"

So there is the insult to the brass. That is what his statement means and what I clearly read. Get over yourself.

In reply toRe: msg 88
jxexqx

23/11/20

Considering that the British found the 40mm grenade launcher to be a very poor replacement for the 51mm mortar, I wonder if a 50 to 60mm mortar with a decent fire control system and the ability to launch guided munitions would be a better solution than any grenade launcher no matter how clever its sighting / fusing system is. 

In reply toRe: msg 105
Mr. T (MrT4)

23/11/20

In terms of recoiless arms a modernised RPG 7  with grenades ranging from 40 to 105mm might be the most versatile thing out there .

A  business partner of mine's son had his master's thesis about a RPG 7 launched drones.(he made some as proof of concept) , but i am sure some one somewhere is developing something like that.

stancrist

23/11/20

graylion said:

"The brass are yet again trying to fix a non existent problem, because they are assuming that the troops are too daft to use transport"

So there is the insult to the brass. That is what his statement means and what I clearly read.

ROFL.  What you somehow read is quite different from what he actually said.

Red did not say,  "The brass are assuming that the troops are too stupid to use a transport."

He said, "The troops are too stupid to use a transport."

graylion said:

Get over yourself.

Go #&@% yourself.

renatohm

23/11/20

So why use RCL instead of RPG?

renatohm

23/11/20

Now that's a yuge fuze over there!

graylion

23/11/20

Been wondering the same, but it would not fulfil the flight time requirement?

renatohm

23/11/20

Airtronic seems to have found a good solution with their featherweight RPG-7.

Such a weapon with clever rounds, and maybe some guided ones / smart optics, are probably good enough for a lot of situations.

Then again, other systems mentioned before have my administration - Russian (Bur, RPG-26 and GM-94) and Chinese (QLZ-87 and LG-5) systems, and their derivatives.