gatnerd

Military Guns and Ammunition

Hosted by gatnerd

This is intended for people interested in the subject of military guns and their ammunition, with emphasis on automatic weapons.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Autocannon Book   General Military Discussion

Started 21/4/21 by Barnowlgreen; 15913 views.
Farmplinker

19/1/22

You're in good company! Ian Mccollum's Chinese pistol book is also moved back to March. Hopefully, Max's book on Russian rifles doesn't get any delays.

DeltaKilo

19/1/22

Farmplinker said:

Max's book on Russian rifles

Who is "Max" ? 

JPeelen

19/1/22

Max Popenker is a frequent, well regarded contributor to this forum.   

DeltaKilo

20/1/22

Thank you. Any more information about the book? 

I am currently working on my collector's report on
"Handguns and rifles carried by Russian and Soviet troops until 26 December 1991 - excluding full automatic". 

Basically, a list of all Tsarist, White Guard and Soviet revolvers, pistols and carbines incl. their respective variants (places of manufacture, modifications, etc.).
I need this to get a collectors licence in Germany.

So I'm interested in all books about Russian guns.  wink

mpopenker

20/1/22

DeltaKilo said:

"Handguns and rifles carried by Russian and Soviet troops until 26 December 1991 - excluding full automatic".

That's a bold try. I wonder how in-depth and extensive this would be, because there were some really obscure weapons, even excluding full automatic

as for my upcoming book, I really hope it would be published toward the end of this year, but so far I have no firm date.

Some details can be found here: https://www.headstamppublishing.com/avtomat-book

DeltaKilo

20/1/22

Still cheaper and clearer than collective themes like "Luger 08"... wink A hunting friend sold his Luger collection 5 years ago and bought a new Porsche 911 with the proceeds... 

Although I cannot purchase fully automatic weapons, I am interested in it. Thank you for the link to the book!

mpopenker

21/1/22

I know that some obscure Russian weapons were sold in Germany through the Hermann Historica or its likes, but there are some handguns, for example, which are not available for collectors, such as those firing internally suppressed piston-operated ammo.

Barnowlgreen

4/2/22

Hi,

the date is now 25/04/2022.

In reply toRe: msg 26
autogun

1-Apr

Hooray - the second draft arrived in my inbox yesterday so I'm now going through it line by line, checking and indexing. Not sure when it will actually be on sale, though.